Mercedes r129 500sl electrics not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BAZ-500SL

Car
500sl
Hello guys need some help, after being parked up for a long time and being started often, my mercedes has decided to play up, first the left hand side indicator stayed illuminated when battery was connected , after removing the n10 relay and re fitting it, it still stayed illuminated till, I tugged the light wire on the rear light cluster it went of but now my wiper randomly goes off, the indicator sometimes has a mind of its on, when the left side indicators is engaged it sometimes stays on and turning hazard on and off sometimes helps it goes off, now the fuses seems ok but the hard top release is not releasing the interior electric mirror and side mirrors are not working and also the electric seat and steering adjustment is not working but the heated seats are ok, could someone point me on the right direction on where to look or anything I could test all help is appreciated in advance thanks

The wiper does a full sweep, like it's been turned on, I have taken the n10 relay part but to be honest don't really know what to look for , I read I need a magnify glass to see anything wrong with solder but I can't see any burnt out solder, I can take a few pictures and upload them see of anyone can spot anything, also a friend has a s500 w140 would this share the same n10 relay ? Thanks

The picture below, from the link in my last post, shows how to examine the PCB.

N104.jpg

You have so many thins going wrong, there must be something connecting them all together so its not likely that the N10 relay has suddenly become faulty but perhaps the wiring at the fuse box or elsewhere has suffered some wet/damp due to the layoff, was the car stored out in the open and for how long?

Dec

Last edited:
The picture below, from the link in my last post, shows how to examine the PCB.

You have so many thins going wrong, there must be something connecting them all together so its not likely that the N10 relay has suddenly become faulty but perhaps the wiring at the fuse box or elsewhere has suffered some wet/damp due to the layoff, was the car stored out in the open and for how long?

Dec

I will have a look at the wiring maybe when trying to remove the relay it could of pulled on wires, the car has been stood for a few years out in the open my first it could be damp , also the n10 relay just controls the wipers and indicators ..etc so that wouldn't be connected to the roof and seats, steering and mirrors would it , it there a relay that connects these items the fuses seems to be good, also I realised it keeps BLOWING the radio fuse 10amp thanks guys

The few years in the open has caused all this, you will have to check every connection and earths/grounds as well.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom