Mercedes Re-map, software upgrades, ecu remap updates chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dddooommm

Car
R129, W460, C219.
Evening MB CLUB-

The previous owner of my car was a recognised mercedes performance shop with a rolling road, modern Merc breakers, servicing etc.

They owned the car for years and I can tell it's been looked after.
They stated that the car CDI CLK W209 Had been remapped.

How can I tell if it's got a map on the file/ ecu ?
It doesn't show up on my Delphi diagnostics.

Anyone know a lot about Ecu maps ?

DDDOOOMMM

That's odd if they are as recognised as you (or they) say

I would expect them to be more forthcoming so to develop you as a customer.

The paranoid in me would get It on a Star machine asap and make a more formal enquiry to them as perhaps you'd like to consider a different / bigger map and they might open up a bit more. If nothing else your insurer will ask......

I'm sure there's nothing untoward but me, personally, I would want to know.

Let us know how you get on.

Evening MBCLUB

Yeah I want it to be legit & I want to be honest about it.
I've text the guy about it just now to ask more about the map...

I know that STAR is the start of solving any problem but, I bought a delphi system so I can figure out stuff myself without pumping money into the pockets of stealerships and approved MB.
My Mechanic's electrical mate said today to me that he would plug his map computer into my merc & this will show any maps on my car.

QUESTION: What are my options on bigger maps/ average prices for my cdi clk w209?

Evening MBCLUB

Yeah I want it to be legit & I want to be honest about it.
I've text the guy about it just now to ask more about the map...

I know that STAR is the start of solving any problem but, I bought a delphi system so I can figure out stuff myself without pumping money into the pockets of stealerships and approved MB.
My Mechanic's electrical mate said today to me that he would plug his map computer into my merc & this will show any maps on my car.

QUESTION: What are my options on bigger maps/ average prices for my cdi clk w209?

dddooommm i hope you are well. can you pm me if you still have the sil arrow wheels... been looking for a set and saw yours.. I'm a new member so I can't send you a message yet. (I am a mb club member in the US and been on the US Forum for many years) ... thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom