Mercedes rear shock absorber warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tam67

Car
Ml 270 cdi
Hi wanted to know what the warranty on genuine Mercedes shocks fitted by Mercedes is. I had both rears replaced in June 2018 20,000 miles covered since and just noticed one is leaking already I have a ml 350 cdi bluetec 2012 it has airmatic thanks

Two years is standard on all parts

Expensive replacing them every 3 years 😢

Unless you regularly drive on very rough roads, dampers should last much longer than that. No idea why one is leaking at 3 years old, but it's not common, probably just bad luck. And yes, sadly the recommendation is to replace them in pairs (even if the other one is still fine).

Thanks for replying

I just bought these on Alibaba currently on route with Fedex shoud be here Thursday will let you know how they work refuse point blank to pay £800.00 plus for 2 shocks
Fingers crossed 👍

Did you ever receive the right shock absorbers?
Hi I was awaiting the outcome before I updated,in the end no, what they sent me were shocks for a saloon which are longer than those from an Estate and that is all they list, after several Weeks of chasing and investigation I gave up and ordered 2 from Mercedes they are being fitted Today by my local Garage, cost of the Parts was £948.00 incl vat.
Ironically the Day after I paid and collected one of my enquiries came back from a company in Poland who rebuild the shocks and are now able to offer exchange units, however the price is not that much different to be truthful if bought from the UK
273 EUR - repair per 1 unit
125 EUR - customs
50 EUR - shipping to UK
200 EUR - the deposit per 1 unit
I think the customs and shipping is a bit overcharged and under normal circumstances I would jump on an easy jet or Ryan air return and collect in my hand luggage, the warranty is only a year but if done right the price is only half as well flights are typically £50.00 return or make a weekend of it Poland has some great things to offer.

The Chinese are being floppy appendages and are insisting they provided the correct parts, am just about to start a charge back on my card unless Alibaba agrees to refund me

Attachments

• 20210609_180807.jpg
    20210609_180807.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 6
That’s a pity at least you gave it a try 👍

the wrong part aside what sort of quality would you say the shocks you got were like ?

They were pretty good to be fair, in fact I would say they are probably new old stock as they have the proper Mercedes gators boots and so on with the proper top mounts as well those are the part numbers on the boxes and yes the Mercedes parts were in similar boxes but with a MB sticker

Attachments

• shocks part numbers.jpg
    shocks part numbers.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 1
They were pretty good to be fair, in fact I would say they are probably new old stock as they have the proper Mercedes gators boots and so on with the proper top mounts as well those are the part numbers on the boxes and yes the Mercedes parts were in similar boxes but with a MB sticker
Never mind you’ve got new ones now 👍

Hi I was awaiting the outcome before I updated,in the end no, what they sent me were shocks for a saloon which are longer than those from an Estate and that is all they list, after several Weeks of chasing and investigation I gave up and ordered 2 from Mercedes they are being fitted Today by my local Garage, cost of the Parts was £948.00 incl vat.
Ironically the Day after I paid and collected one of my enquiries came back from a company in Poland who rebuild the shocks and are now able to offer exchange units, however the price is not that much different to be truthful if bought from the UK
273 EUR - repair per 1 unit
125 EUR - customs
50 EUR - shipping to UK
200 EUR - the deposit per 1 unit
I think the customs and shipping is a bit overcharged and under normal circumstances I would jump on an easy jet or Ryan air return and collect in my hand luggage, the warranty is only a year but if done right the price is only half as well flights are typically £50.00 return or make a weekend of it Poland has some great things to offer.

The Chinese are being floppy appendages and are insisting they provided the correct parts, am just about to start a charge back on my card unless Alibaba agrees to refund me
That is overkill since we are out of the EU. (Cheaper to travel to and back by air, under normal travel circumstances, of course.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom