Mercedes Receives 10,000 Orders for New GLK-Class in Western Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I also think the MPG difference is overstated in the real world - sure, my C270CDi auto can show 50MPG on the trip meter on a long steady run (which is the car's main use) but in normal urban driving it struggles to do 40 and around town it does 30. My solution is that I generally drive our Jazz - I hardly use the Merc. Jazz does 50MPG without thinking about it.
I think Rory this is where you compare one with another that are not like for like.

And the whole discussion is a comparison of diesel and petrol so we do need to compare like with like if we want any valid conclusions.

I think Rory this is where you compare one with another that are not like for like.

And the whole discussion is a comparison of diesel and petrol so we do need to compare like with like if we want any valid conclusions.

The thread is actually about GLK sales in Europe!

But no matter, I was describing my personal circumstances.

It's pretty pointless comparing the government required figures because the cars seem to vary so much and the type of journey people regularly drive may work more in favour one car than another.

I'm confused..:confused: :confused:

Taking everything into account comparable diesel cars are cheaper to run even at only 10k miles per annum.

Mercedes C class as an example.

C200k Elegance Auto, 3 years 36k miles = 67.85p/mile
C220 CDi Elegance Auto, 3 years, 36k miles = 65.13p/mile

How is 67.85p less than 65.13p.?

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/FleetData/RunningCosts/RunningCosts.pdf

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/FleetData/RunningCosts/RunningCosts.pdf

Always ready to be corrected. Thanks.
But you must agree, theres not allot in it is there?
And I still prefer petrol ! ! ! ! !

That similar to a Range Rover. I can't find a Korean car that looks like that. That made in US. Don't know what your conception of a Korean made car.

kia sorento, ssangyong kyron, daewoo musso.
this is only second to the R- class in terms of its awfullness

I very much like the rugged look of the GL so having a smaller version appeals to me. Just a shame it will be a long wait before it comes to the UK. From the photos I think it looks especially good in dark colours and no doubt it will look even better in the flesh.

The fact that it looks like an MB GL but unlike other 4x4s is to me a big plus. I had a 420 GL on loan for a few weeks. Fabulous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom