Mercedes Receives 10,000 Orders for New GLK-Class in Western Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its LHD only IIRC.

If I were after a 4x4 again, I wouldn't buy this, I think its ugly. I'd buy a Q5 audi or a Freelander in the new market, or go for a used ML or hold out a bit more for a used GL.

Errgh. It looks like a Korean made car. I doubt people would comment on it's good looks.

Errgh. It looks like a Korean made car. I doubt people would comment on it's good looks.

That similar to a Range Rover. I can't find a Korean car that looks like that. That made in US. Don't know what your conception of a Korean made car.

Freelander, LRX, Kuga all better looking than this!

I think it looks good and the interior looks great, a smaller alternative to the ML, I have no idea what the spec is but if it was a 2.0 diesel turbo, selectable 4 wheel drive and adjustable suspension height it would tick the right boxes for me.

I think it is great looking. Just hope it comes to UK especially with the new 220cdi twin turbo that will be going in the C class this autumn. S class performance and A class emissions, apparently.

Attachments

• GLK from rear.jpg
    GLK from rear.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
do they do a convertible version?

If that had a Hyundai badge on the front I would not have blinked twice.

Like the BMW X3, if you stick a premium badge on front of an average car any fool will buy it.

If that had a Hyundai badge on the front I would not have blinked twice.

Like the BMW X3, if you stick a premium badge on front of an average car any fool will buy it.

10,000 is a lot of cars and profit for Merc. Ordered means sold.:D

That similar to a Range Rover. I can't find a Korean car that looks like that. That made in US. Don't know what your conception of a Korean made car.

It just reminded me of the base model of one of these :)

kia-carens.jpg

It just reminded me of the base model of one of these :)

kia-carens.jpg

Are you saying the GLK is sourced from KIA. KIA although a Korean brand, get most of their technologies from Karman Ghia.:D

Compare side by side, they are miles apart and the quality?

Look at the shape, the GLK is lower at the front and higher at the rear while the KIA is horizontal.

Last edited:
Well said Dragon: not remotely alike.

Isn't it odd whenever a new model comes out we always get loads of postings saying it looks like this or that or the other. But when we see it in the flesh, it never does.

Same happened with the new C class and yet now I think all would agree it is a very distinctive shape. I think the GLK will look great in the flesh. If it does 40+ mpg with the new diesel engine I shall be very tempted.

The more I see it the more I like it, Compared to the guy standing next to it, unless he is a giant it is going to be more estate car height, I think they could be on to a winner here, I would be interested to see one in the flesh.

Any ideas how much they are abroad?

I think it's a cracking car.
Mercedes just need to follow up with the quality and customer service

Looking at the German price list, it's actually not much more expensive than C Class - entry level C220 manual is Euro35K and the GLK220CDi, but 7spd auto, is Euro40K.

The crucial thing for Mercedes is how many of those customers are new to MB - it doesn't do them much good if all those orders came from existing B/C/ML Class owners.

Apparently VW Tiguan is selling extremely well, with lead times so long that VW in Germany are loaning buyers Golf's until their Tiguan arrives.
UK tests though seem to prefer Honda's CRV - if there was an auto version of the CRV diesel then I'm sure it would be a huge seller.

That is one of the most gruesome looking cars I have ever seen!

Unbelievebly ugly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom