MERCEDES SAT NAV HEAD UNIT & REVERSE CAMERA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjbarber281

Car
CLK 63
Hi all, has anyone have any experience or knowlage as to if its oissible to buy a plug and play reverse camera that will work off the factory sat nav fitted to my CLK W209, I appreciate this may not be possible as the car is a 2007 car which is getting on now but being the 63 its still worth decent money so dont mind spending to get one, I thought if anyone knows it will be the giys and girls on this form, thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

comand.co.uk can almost certainly supply and fit one, but they're a bit far away from you. Be worth an email to them with your VIN, asking for advice, they may even be able to recommend someone local to you.

comand.co.uk can almost certainly supply and fit one, but they're a bit far away from you. Be worth an email to them with your VIN, asking for advice, they may even be able to recommend someone local to you.
Thanks for that, I will drop them an email.

Hi all, has anyone have any experience or knowlage as to if its oissible to buy a plug and play reverse camera that will work off the factory sat nav fitted to my CLK W209, I appreciate this may not be possible as the car is a 2007 car which is getting on now but being the 63 its still worth decent money so dont mind spending to get one, I thought if anyone knows it will be the giys and girls on this form, thanks for any advice or help you can give me.

The W209 CLK was never offered from factory with a reverse camera so it simply wont support one. The head unit will not switch to camera input when reverse is selected. There is a long winded way of getting a sort of solution though.

You will need to either install full TV or an emulator that makes Comand think there is TV installed. The TV tuner/emulator then takes a video aux input which can be a camera. To get the image to display you will need to select 'TV' then Aux 1 from the Video menu everytime you select reverse.

Thanks Alfie, I knew you guys would have "the knowledge", even though it's not quite the news the OP was hoping for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom