Mercedes Sea Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I love the way the Wail has to mention the 60k price several times, so its readers can laugh at the rich person "getting what he deserves, who does he think he is any way, serves him right."

The car won't move, the tide is coming in, you know disaster awaits... I just hate that sinking feeling.

Poor guy!

Would love to hear the chat with the insurance company

Or the accident-chasing cold-callers: "I am calling about the recent accident... can you tell me more about it?"

The car won't move, the tide is coming in, you know disaster awaits... I just hate that sinking feeling.

Just resign yourself and wave it goodbye, the sands of time will net themselves a Mercedes. Is this the model that was famous for crabbing?

I've done it with a Landcruiser. - Tried to drive away from the water, turned in the soft stuff, and sunk to the axles...

...fortunately the only disaster was the embarrassment of my brother-in-law having to pull me out with a snatch strap.

I've done it with a Landcruiser. - Tried to drive away from the water, turned in the soft stuff, and sunk to the axles...

...fortunately the only disaster was the embarrassment of my brother-in-law having to pull me out with a snatch strap.

That's an image I wasn't expecting to have this evening.

hmm are you sure that's a GLEel... looks more like a GL Sea with All Wheel Dive. I think this facelift model has the foamatic plus system. If only he had optioned it with the ”air ”rather than water suspension option... I'm hoping the door seals kept the water at bay...

I wouldn't be concerned as I'm sure his insurance company would agree that his vehicle was definitely “covered “ under the circumstances.

It's a LAND-cruiser - the clue is in the name ;)

Yep - people rush out and buy a 4WD and then think that they know how to drive off road (and that the vehicle is actually capable). His tyres would have been inflated at road driving pressures where they should have been deflated to about 15 psi to drive on the beach. But then, he would not have had a compressor to re-inflate them.

700km soft desert sand and 1100 sand dunes!
IMG_0014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom