Mercedes service headache

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave430

Car
2022 GLC AMG43 from new
Car 2017 C200 petrol
Just been in contact with my local main dealer regarding my last service which should have been a B1 service……,but on my receipt it states A service has been done , queried this and Mercedes got back to me and instead of A B A B services the last four years I have had A B B A( last year I never got a receipt because of COVID so thought it had a A service) I now have a print out off my four services.
What I want to know is ,next year they are going to do a B service for me but the dash indicator will say A service ,can they alter this in star reader obd thing so it reads the same as my service.
Car is on service contract
Thanks
Dave

Yes the dealer should reset the service indicator to reflect the required service.
Try entering you vehicle details on this website and see what the MB system thinks should be done

Thanks for that, but I now what service I should have , but they made a c**k up last year ,when it went in I asked for A service ,but when you ask and then they fill paperwork in it goes upstairs to check for correct service and work before shop floor. Well due to COVID the proper people were laid off ,so I had a B instead of A ..and I never got any paperwork ,(on contract) due to COVID so they said

can I alter through dashboard what service schedule I am on ie A B etc ? or check

dave

You can't but they can I had my milage altered as they put the wrong one in when servicing my car it was about 6k more miles than the car had done and intact still has done a year later

There's little practical difference between A & B service anyway - they're both basically oil and filter changes with some checks, and the dealer probably does their own vehicle health check.

More crucial is to get the additional work done - brake fluid every 2yrs, plugs at 4yrs (or sooner if mileage higher) etc.

There's little practical difference between A & B service anyway - they're both basically oil and filter changes with some checks, and the dealer probably does their own vehicle health check.

More crucial is to get the additional work done - brake fluid every 2yrs, plugs at 4yrs (or sooner if mileage higher) etc.
All true but a pain when coming to sell and an eagle eye buyer spots that the schedule is out of synch, or when calling Mobilo and they say “sorry, but you’ve not followed the schedule”.

Give over. Anyway it's had more servicing than it should have done. Probably hasn't really, it's just been recorded incorrectly.

on the 3rd service which should have been a A I got a B service with plugs and pano roof service and this May should have been B1 got a A , but from now I have been told it will go in order, I have print out of all work done and what they have changed
Do you think I should get something in writing from main dealers with them admitting the blame?

It has been recorded like this on Mercedes service , I have print outs

I don't see how this can make a difference to a future buyer.

So instead of A B A B A B, the car will have A B B A B A. It's not a problem.

I've just had my A service done,at my local indy,more than happy with price and work done,but I forgot to ask about pano roof service,is this something that comes up in the schedule or is it something you have to add on yourself?,I've got a 2012 c class on 81k and unless I'm missing it theres nothing in my paperwork that says it's been done

I've just had my A service done,at my local indy,more than happy with price and work done,but I forgot to ask about pano roof service,is this something that comes up in the schedule or is it something you have to add on yourself?,I've got a 2012 c class on 81k and unless I'm missing it theres nothing in my paperwork that says it's been done

Pano roof lubrication is due every 3 years. So on your 2012 car (assuming it was serviced once a year) it should have been done in 2015, 2018, and this year 2021.

The issue with indies is that they are quite flexible and will be happy to only do what you ask. Additional items such as pano roof lubrication, fuel and air filters, brake fluid change, spark plugs, ATF etc are all charged in addition to the Service A or B cost, so many Indies won't offer these if not asked.

That said, some indies will quote for everything that is due based on the Electronic Service Sheet (ESS), just like dealers do.

See also:

Pano roof lubrication is due every 3 years. So on your 2012 car (assuming it was serviced once a year) it should have been done in 2015, 2018, and this year 2021.

The issue with indies is that they are quite flexible and will be happy to only do what you ask. Additional items such as pano roof lubrication, fuel and air filters, brake fluid change, spark plugs, ATF etc are all charged in addition to the Service A or B cost, so many Indies won't offer these if not asked.

That said, some indies will quote for everything that is due based on the Electronic Service Sheet (ESS), just like dealers do.

See also:

Ah thanks for that,I'll get a pano roof service when I go for my suspension arms replacement,what's the average cost of a roof lube?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom