Mercedes Service Plan and loan car inclusion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think a loan car is a given when you have a service plan, it's down to the individual dealer. I always get my dealer to collect my car and bring it back, saves the hassle.

Well that was disappointing. Just collected my car from its service and MoT - no charges for the courtesy car, no queries about how much of the courtesy car’s petrol I’d used, no attempts to con me into getting something replaced to pass the MoT, a more than adequate clean inside and out including tyre dressing. No waiting around to be dealt with, I was in and out of the well spaced service reception in minutes. Nothing to argue about :(.

It was lovely getting back into my 9-year old C350 to be reminded how comfortable, quiet and solid feeling it is compared to a brand new CLA200. And having twice the number of horses available to the beck and call of my right foot brought back the smile.

Well that was disappointing. Just collected my car from its service and MoT - no charges for the courtesy car, no queries about how much of the courtesy car’s petrol I’d used, no attempts to con me into getting something replaced to pass the MoT, a more than adequate clean inside and out including tyre dressing. No waiting around to be dealt with, I was in and out of the well spaced service reception in minutes. Nothing to argue about :(.

It was lovely getting back into my 9-year old C350 to be reminded how comfortable, quiet and solid feeling it is compared to a brand new CLA200. And having twice the number of horses available to the beck and call of my right foot brought back the smile.
Well that’s killed this thread then.😀

Well that can't be right. Just wait until you get a proper look at it to find a handprint on the headliner, 3 undone fasteners on the aircleaner cover and that some herbert has nicked your Polo mints from the glovebox.

Hi

I've had service plans on my and wife's car for the last three years, and recently renewed both. I have never been charged for using a loan car when taking my cars over the last three years, but today I took my car in for it's service and picked up the loan car as expected. However, when collecting my car, I was charged £25 for the use of the loan car. When I queried I was told loan cars have never been inlcuded with the service plan, but I'm being charged now due to Covid, Mercedes are charging for sanitizing loan cars and passing that cost on to the customer.

I asked when this was introduced and was vaguely told Feb 2020 when dealerships re-opened. But I took my car in for a service in August 2020 and was charged nothing! This stand off went on for about an hour before I gave in and paid just to get out of there.

I am so certain that the fee for loan cars was waived for customers with a service plan, but Mercedes seem to be re-writing history or making it up as they go along. Am I going mad here?

Be very grateful for members expectations of the service plan, as I am certain loan cars were advertised as one of the benefits of the service plan! I spoke to Mercedes Customer Service, and though helpful, they said there was nothing they could do as it's down to the franchises, which is fair enough, but I have to take the wife's car in for a service tomorrow and I just want to be clear about what I signed up for when I bought our service plans.

Thanks
Hi just read this change of loan car. Now u gave to pay £30 even if u have a service plan it cam out sometime this year

MB lincoln have charged me £20 for my loan car 🙄

Forgot to update this. I got a refund for one of the loan cars so can't grumble too much.

I always thought idea of the loan car was so that it could accrue a few miles then they sell it as pre-registered, but forgetting to mention its had a hundred drivers. Mine is going in on 30th July, I asked for a loan car but they never mentioned a charge (yet). Jag/Land Rover started charging a couple of years ago. They say its for insurance. Can't remember if its free if you accept a large excess & a charge for a small or zero excess.

I always thought idea of the loan car was so that it could accrue a few miles then they sell it as pre-registered, but forgetting to mention its had a hundred drivers. Mine is going in on 30th July, I asked for a loan car but they never mentioned a charge (yet). Jag/Land Rover started charging a couple of years ago. They say its for insurance. Can't remember if its free if you accept a large excess & a charge for a small or zero excess.

The MB Service Care Plan as it currently stands does not entitle the customer to a free loan car, though some individual dealerships do offer this on their own accord.

Hi , my local dealer was going to charge me £12 for the loan car but informed no charge.

They learnt me a brand new ( 40 miles on the clock ) Mercedes E400d that was a great car but not for me.

I used this time to have an extended test drive and apart from the fact that on the motorway would not engage 8 or 9 gear and the steering was dead but can understand why people buy them.

I’ve got mine booked in for the 8th July and want £20 for the courtesy car
Just to update the dealer didn’t charge me for the loan car so it may be the central booking systems mantra.
Ive currently been loaned an A200 saloon but have to pay for my own crane to get me in and out of it !

They learnt me a brand new ( 40 miles on the clock ) Mercedes E400d that was a great car but not for me.

I used this time to have an extended test drive and apart from the fact that on the motorway would not engage 8 or 9 gear and the steering was dead but can understand why people buy them.

Last time I used a dealer they gave me a brand new E350CDi. I thought they paperwork said 250CDi and I'd read the 4 cyl 250 engine could be a bit rough - I could feel it, but thought it wasn't bad. Was gobsmacked when I lifted the bonnet at home at saw it was the V6!

I've seen the 8/9 gear comment before and it being something to do with eco mapping. Oddly It'll more readily go into higher gears in non-eco modes but probably still above normal UK speeds.

I checked this on my W204 with the 7g+ transmission and M274 1.6L petrol engine, and it definitely shifts into top gear (7th) at 70mph. That said, a 1.6L petrol was never going to be a torquey engine....

Got my service/ mot and courtesy car tomorrow, quite curious now as to what Mercedes Leicester will give me compared to my SL.

Pre CV19 my preference was to wait at the garage and have a god look about at the cars for sale or just eat as many Welsh Cakes as I could in 2 to 3 hours. Since onset of CV 19 waiting indoors option no longer feasible and at various visits for service and warranty work I've been offered/used a "free" car, a £10 for insurance but no petrol car and most lately a £20 for insurance and petrol covered car. The only consistency jere is the inconsistency across the Dealer Network. Payment due to CV19 sanitising has never been mentioned

Pre CV19 my preference was to wait at the garage and have a god look about at the cars for sale or just eat as many Welsh Cakes as I could in 2 to 3 hours. Since onset of CV 19 waiting indoors option no longer feasible and at various visits for service and warranty work I've been offered/used a "free" car, a £10 for insurance but no petrol car and most lately a £20 for insurance and petrol covered car. The only consistency jere is the inconsistency across the Dealer Network. Payment due to CV19 sanitising has never been mentioned

At MB Brooklands, the customers waiting area is indeed closed, but the museum and coffee shop are open....

Got my service/ mot and courtesy car tomorrow, quite curious now as to what Mercedes Leicester will give me compared to my SL.
Got a 70 plate E300de. Not a bad car but really dislike the black ash trim, looks really fake (imo). Full length screens with lots of info and numerous bongs going off for whatever reason.
Oh, and the boot is tiny, smaller even than my SL.

Just to update the dealer didn’t charge me for the loan car so it may be the central booking systems mantra.
Ive currently been loaned an A200 saloon but have to pay for my own crane to get me in and out of it !
I think the problem is that many dealerships are now using a central booking system that quotes 'book' costs when you book a car in and that applies to MOTs and routine jobs like brake pads. I guess they are just trying to claw back some of their losses during COVID. In the past, I've always had 'competitive quotes from MB Grangemouth, but not recently.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom