Mercedes service plan for W212 E63 price hike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my E500 the additional price shows as:

- Replace spark plugs £235.68

You may have to pay some extra AMG tax on top of that ! :)

The service plans have a 20% discount offer at the moment but its seems you have to pay up front rather than monthlies.

MB service for the plugs..... Replace spark plugs £305.77

Had mine done independently £180

Crazy price for changing 8 spark plugs.
Glad mine were done in 2018. An indy will do them next time.

On my E500 the additional price shows as:

- Replace spark plugs £235.68

You may have to pay some extra AMG tax on top of that ! :)

The service plans have a 20% discount offer at the moment but its seems you have to pay up front rather than monthlies.

The 20% discount for upfront payment wasn't available when I renewed a few months back.... would have taken that if it was available. I guess the Coronavirus lockdown left the dealers strapped for cash?

The 20% discount for upfront payment wasn't available when I renewed a few months back.... would have taken that if it was available. I guess the Coronavirus lockdown left the dealers strapped for cash?
The dealers won’t get their hands on that money until they perform the service!

Crazy price for changing 8 spark plugs.
Glad mine were done in 2018. An indy will do them next time.

An hours work to replace all 8, depending on what has to removed to get access?
How much are the plugs - £15/20 each at MB?

It soon adds up doesn't it

Where did you see that please? My service plan is due for renewal next month. I had a look online but couldn't see any reference to 20% discount. The up front price for 3 years was exactly the same as 36 monthly payments.

Where did you see that please? My service plan is due for renewal next month. I had a look online but couldn't see any reference to 20% discount. The up front price for 3 years was exactly the same as 36 monthly payments.
I still can’t get it to work 🙁

An hours work to replace all 8, depending on what has to removed to get access?
How much are the plugs - £15/20 each at MB?

It soon adds up doesn't it

It does add up quickly as shown in Post #8, especially if the dealer is bending you over for circa £20 a plug! That MB logo is costing about £10 extra a plug!
All the more reason not to have them changed at the main dealer.

It does add up quickly as shown in Post #8, especially if the dealer is bending you over for circa £20 a plug! That MB logo is costing about £10 extra a plug!
....or have them changed under Service Care Plan, in which case you don't really care how much the plugs cost ;)

....or have them changed under Service Care Plan, in which case you don't really care how much the plugs cost ;)

Already calculated that a service plan is not cost effective for me, even with another plug change in 2 yrs time.

Honda used to (try) charge me £30 per plug for my S2000......some plug types (iridium?) are ££££

edit: doh, just seen the post above

Might have missed someone else mentioning this, but there is a 20% discount code SC20 if you pay up front for service care online, anything from 2-4 services. Pretty steep initial outlay, but worth it if you want the saving.

As a matter of interest how long can you continue to have a service plan from MB ? Is it 10 yr from new or 100k which ever comes first.
Same question for 12 month warranty?
Sorry to hijack thread :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom