Mercedes Service Plan - What's included?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayboy222

Car
Mercedes E63
Hi

I took advantage of the AMG 10% discount last year to purchase a service plan for my 2012 E63, but just wondered what exactly is included for my £42 a month?

Obviously I get three services, but I've read differing opinions on what else is included. Some sources say the service plan also includes Mobilo for the duration of the plan as well as a free courtesy car when the car is being serviced, as I believe Mercedes now charge for this?

Grateful for any clarification!

Thanks.

Mobilo gets renewed for 12 months each time you have a service carried out by the dealer network, whether or not you have a Service Plan.

The Service Plan covers all parts that are replaced on a scheduled time / mileage basis and the associated labour charges, but does not cover wear parts. So, for example, the Service Plan will include the replacement of spark plugs, air filters, gearbox oil changes etc. but it won't cover the replacement of brake pads and discs.

You don't get charged for a courtesy car if you have a Service Plan.

Oh, great choice of car BTW :D

Mobilo gets renewed for 12 months each time you have a service carried out by the dealer network, whether or not you have a Service Plan.

The Service Plan covers all parts that are replaced on a scheduled time / mileage basis and the associated labour charges, but does not cover wear parts. So, for example, the Service Plan will include the replacement of spark plugs, air filters, gearbox oil changes etc. but it won't cover the replacement of brake pads and discs.

You don't get charged for a courtesy car if you have a Service Plan.

Oh, great choice of car BTW :D
Funny how some worn out items are covered and not others, it makes no sense that one worn out / used component is replaced under the service plan and yet another is not. A service plan should cover all servicable components including brakes and tyres IMO. MB could have a tiered offering that covers basic components and another that covers everything.

Had a b service carried out a couple of weeks ago ( first time under a service plan )

All additional items were covered, even topping up the adblue tank.

Shame it didn’t include a tank of diesel :)

Funny how some worn out items are covered and not others, it makes no sense that one worn out / used component is replaced under the service plan and yet another is not. A service plan should cover all servicable components including brakes and tyres IMO. MB could have a tiered offering that covers basic components and another that covers everything.

Well I guess the T&Cs are what MB wants them to be.... and this is what they are offering.

As st13phil said, the Service Care Plan covers the basic service due plus everything that is changed at fixed time or mileage intervals regardless of condition, and does not cover any items that are changed on condition but not at fixed intervals.

As an example, spark plugs are covered because they are due change every 4 years, i.e. even if the car has only covered (say) 1,000 miles from new and the spark plugs are still in excellent condition etc.

While brake discs and pads, exhaust cats and DPF, battery, serpentine belt, etc etc, are never replaced pre-emptively i.e. they are not replaced unless they show signs of wear or actually fail, and in principle a low-mileage car may never have these replaced throughout its service life.

If you want to be sure what will be covered for your in the next service, have a look here:

Mercedes-Benz ESS

Any items showing as due on ESS will be covered by the Service Care Plan.

Reactions: GLK
Thanks for all the very helpful replies and link to the ESS...which I never even knew existed!

I didn't expect wear and tear items would be covered, esp when front brakes cost a bloody fortune! However the Mobilo is an added bonus and adds more value to what I thought was already a pretty good deal.

Mobilo is excellent.

Ok you can get a service cheaper at an indi and take out separate breakdown cover but they won’t provide you with a free courtesy car plus you have half a chance of a goodwill contribution should you find yourself with a hefty repair bill if you have kept the service schedule within the dealer network.

Just my opinion.

Mercedes did used to over a service plan which included wear and tear, but it didn't last long, I assume the cost of running it exceeded the revenue generated. We had lots of work done on it!

Mercedes did used to over a service plan which included wear and tear, but it didn't last long, I assume the cost of running it exceeded the revenue generated. We had lots of work done on it!

So did i on the W220. I remember when it came out every Chauffeur in London signed up. I had the Gear Lever stuck in park ( £800.00 ) and a couple of struts replaced. It was called something +. It must have cost them a fortune :)

Had a b service carried out a couple of weeks ago ( first time under a service plan )

All additional items were covered, even topping up the adblue tank.

Shame it didn’t include a tank of diesel :)

But you should of got a free car wash

Mercedes did used to over a service plan which included wear and tear, but it didn't last long
I'm not entirely surprised as unless you're starting from a known quantity, i.e. a new car, you have no idea how much of a component's life expectancy has been consumed.

So did i on the W220. I remember when it came out every Chauffeur in London signed up. I had the Gear Lever stuck in park ( £800.00 ) and a couple of struts replaced. It was called something +. It must have cost them a fortune :)
That's the one Peter, I think it was called Service Plus.

I think that the Service Care Plan has additional commercial benefits for MB UK and for the dealer network.

Firstly, it gets owners physically into the dealership, where they are exposed to the show room and to the forecourt, and it provides the dealership with the opportunity to start a conversation about the customer's next car.

Then, owners are registered which means MB has their details and know who they are. This is in my view also why they either give away or sell for cheap the Mercedes Me Adapter - because if forces owners to register.

So I think it's about more than just the revenue from selling services and parts. It's about linking to their customers and knowing who they are - 'big data' as they call it nowadays.

That's the one Peter, I think it was called Service Plus.

Yes, ServicePlus. I had it for years 4, 5 & 6 on my car. Age limit was 6yrs. I was paying £73 per month and was well out-of-pocket on the deal, partly because my mileage dropped a lot, but it did give peace of mind as it covered servicing, maintenance and seemed to cover anything that went wrong with the car. The T's & C's were just a few lines on an A4 sheet - incredible even then.

It was a great feeling taking the car in knowing it wasn't going to cost anything. The downside is they were very reluctant to do work. I was told I needed new front pads and disc due to rust and said 'it's on ServicePlus so sure, go ahead' - when I picked the car up they said MB wouldn't authorise it. There was another member at the time who got his done all round after the "it needs pads and discs" call and the dealer got into a right flap when they presented the bill and he said "ServicePlus"!

The downside is they were very reluctant to do work.
I remember when I was driving Company Cars that were on fully maintained leases. The lengths Autolease would go to to avoid paying to replace worn out parts like tyres was extraordinary: they wouldn't entertain replacement unless the tyre had less than 2mm of tread - which made driving in the wet horrendous.

Mobilo is excellent.

Ok you can get a service cheaper at an indi and take out separate breakdown cover but they won’t provide you with a free courtesy car plus you have half a chance of a goodwill contribution should you find yourself with a hefty repair bill if you have kept the service schedule within the dealer network.

Just my opinion.

Don't forget Mobilo gives European cover and will put you up for the night if required :D

I remember when I was driving Company Cars that were on fully maintained leases. The lengths Autolease would go to to avoid paying to replace worn out parts like tyres was extraordinary: they wouldn't entertain replacement unless the tyre had less than 2mm of tread - which made driving in the wet horrendous.

Ours was the same and I've heard it from other people so it must be pretty standard. I had one car fail MOT at 3yrs (we had to have them MOT'd before they went back) and Kwik-Fit said the tyre was OK. That was fun.

Hassle with tyres (and having to use Kwik-Fit) was a significant factor in me deciding to opt-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom