Mercedes ServiceCare Plan - is it worth it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flamdingo

Car
2015 E class Estate
Hi
I was wondering whether the MB ServiceCare Plan is it worth buying.

I have a 2015 E class estate 220D (W212).

MB quote £38 per month (£1368 in total) for 3 services over 3 years with mileage less than 15,500 pa.
MB have quoted me £367.32 for a B service. Can anyone tell me the cost of an A service for E class estate 220D?

Assuming the A service is cheaper than the B, the ServiceCare Plan looks poor value for money as i will need two B and one A service over the next 3 years.

Flamdingo

The Service Care Plan also includes all additional recommended items, such as ATF, brake fluid, spark plugs, etc.

Depending on the mileage, you might have some or all (or none) of these due in the next three years - that will ultimately determine the value for money, I think.

The Service Care Plan also covers any other scheduled service items that fall due during the period, to include:

ATF and filter change (if automatic)
Air filter change
Fuel filter change
Brake fluid change
Spark plugs change (if petrol)

All of the above are not included in the quote for Service A or Service B, and will be charged on top of the service cost.

So yes the Service Care Plan is good value overall.

The counter argument would be that you can still get better and cheaper service from a good indie, and I don't disagree with that.

But if you have your mind set on an MB dealer service, and you plan on keeping the car for the duration, then a Service Care Plan is the best way forward.

As markjay says above, all other scheduled service items will be included.
I took out a two year service plan for circa £800 for my C207 E500.
The first service was an A, BUT included spark plugs x8, air ffilters x2,
Brake fluid change, cabin filter etc.
Plus the normal oil & filter change.
My next service is at the moment showing B3.
All in all excellent value, depending on when you take up the plane and what will be required over the period covered.

They are good (ish) value if you get it at the right time.

Finding a trustworthy dealer may be more of a challenge , depending on where you live.

Kenny

Hi
I was wondering whether the MB ServiceCare Plan is it worth buying.

I have a 2015 E class estate 220D (W212).

MB quote £38 per month (£1368 in total) for 3 services over 3 years with mileage less than 15,500 pa.
MB have quoted me £367.32 for a B service. Can anyone tell me the cost of an A service for E class estate 220D?

Assuming the A service is cheaper than the B, the ServiceCare Plan looks poor value for money as i will need two B and one A service over the next 3 years.

Flamdingo
Also, you get a free loaner, I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom