Mercedes should be worried

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
M8 coupe seems to be sticking it to Mercedes at the moment who constantly threaten to axe the s-class coupe line-up. This is cheaper and faster and has all wheel drive. Not to mention the way sportier look. I am not a BMW fan but I am impressed.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Joking apart indicators etc! BMW are making some very tasty motors at the moment, i have been a fan of both
BMW and Mercedes over 30yrs and love them both nothing comes close to a BMW straight six both for smoothness and reliability

Joking apart i have been a fan of both
BMW and Mercedes over 30yrs and love them both nothing comes close to a BMW straight six both for smoothness and reliability

OM648 AND M103 Come to mind, But yes the current BMW's look great on the outside, not bad on the inside but if you want that Pressence like Heads of State do, Mercedes Benz do it better.

Heads of state is one thing! a drivers car is another and thats what BMW do best and always have done, this is someone thats had quite a few E30 M3s and also Merc 190e 2.3 16s,
I have also owned two W220 s classes and two W221 s classes and yes they are a better luxury top end than a 7 series admittedly no contest, horses for courses might say

Joking apart indicators etc! BMW are making some very tasty motors at the moment, i have been a fan of both
I’m not so sure that owners of E36 328i models with the disappearing cylinder liners would agree that their reliability was great. Lovely cars until their engines blew up.

Lets not go down that route mercedes have had some lemon engines too! V6 3.0 petrol timing gears shredding, latest 2.00 diesel plastic sumps leaking, to quote just a couple plenty more where they came from too!
I’m not so sure that owners of E36 328i models with the disappearing cylinder liners would agree that their reliability was great. Lovely cars until their engines blew up.

I spotted one of those 8 series in the dealer last year in pale blue, looked bloody lovely.

I don't know if your a Jeremy Clarkson fan :rolleyes: ( Marmite ) He absolutely slated M8 in the Sunday Times a few weeks back :eek:

Lovely looking car the "8" but IMHO it needs to be in the correct colour (dark) and spec (M - CP) to look its best , whereas nearly every S coupe I have seen looks the business and even more so in full fat AMG spec if a little dated around the rear end compared to the "8" which is to be expected with the age gap.

One of the plus points with the BM is that in a few months there will be serious discounts to be had on new cars , making it even more attractive to potential S purchasers.

K

Heads of state is one thing! a drivers car is another and thats what BMW do best and always have done, this is someone thats had quite a few E30 M3s and also Merc 190e 2.3 16s,
I have also owned two W220 s classes and two W221 s classes and yes they are a better luxury top end than a 7 series admittedly no contest, horses for courses might say
Mercedes could give the S-Class more power but they seem to not to. The current s63 is almost identical to the gt63s yet it lags behind.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Bmw used to make nice cars imo. The only car in their line up which echoes the old ones is a 4 series coupe in SE spec.
Have you seen the interior dash on the new 7? Horrendous.

Top Gear didn't rate the M8 last night...
I agree with their conclusion too. The M8 is a great car, but even better (and less expensive) in M5 form. At £165k (as tested) I can think of better GTs with an even better experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom