Mercedes simplifies electronics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJH

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180k for Wifey, SEAT Leon TSi
Mercedes simplifies electronics Ch4 Link

command and memory seats are the worst offenders I believe!

and telephone, but I can't see them getting rid of these three things

PJH said:
Mercedes simplifies electronics Ch4 Link

Mercedes is going back to real pedals and real wires. Most of the Woohoo crap is out the door.

COMAND causes relatively little bother. It is simply the fact that most technicians have no idea how to pin-point the issues that arise. For a long time I have suspected the use of very long GPS cables and shoddy amplifiers on the rear glass as being the bulk cause. Apart from the excessive current draw which MY01 repaired.

I remember once that my car drove past the control house of a bridge when the bridge motor was partially engaged after it came back down again. The brakes, accelerator, radio, dashboard all engaged randomly with noise and random events.

So if anything the car suffers from RF screening problems and IMHO that is where the FM amplifier blew, which took me another 8 months to get replaced because MB mechanics were too lazy to remove the rear windscreen.

miro said:
COMAND causes relatively little bother. It is simply the fact that most technicians have no idea how to pin-point the issues that arise. For a long time I have suspected the use of very long GPS cables and shoddy amplifiers on the rear glass as being the bulk cause. Apart from the excessive current draw which MY01 repaired.

From the dealers I've spoken to its cars fitted with command and telephone that experience the most issues with the new E class.

RichardM said:
From the dealers I've spoken to its cars fitted with command and telephone that experience the most issues with the new E class.

I think the New "MOST" fibre optic system has something to do with that as well, audio gateways being replaced for fun apparantly .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom