Mercedes sl 129 Zenon headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxjak1

Car
mercedes e350 coupe
Hi all, my SL 500 facelift 2001, head lights are zenon, the drivers light stays on, makes no difference on dip or main beam, just bright, changed the igniter, the bulb and the controller, is there a relay somewhere? the passenger side is perfect.
Will change all the left to the right hand side Saturday to se what happens.

Any ideas?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi guys, must be doing something wrong, again ask for advice through this site, never get responses, If I'm doing something can someone tell me.

Best regards to all Mercedes fans

Xenons are fairly rare on a 129, so the chances of finding an owner that has them, and has had to tinker with them, are not great.

Solved, hi sorted the xenon lights swapped everything left to right, wiring ok, swooped the igniter, all good changed level motor still same all good, swapped the control units around as I had a spare left hand one, that's the problem.
As a control unit is expensive and right one is mounted under the wheel arch, fitted the left hand one by the washer bottle inside the bonnet, the right hand side cable is very long compared to the left side.
Just to understand the xenon and the high beam all work from the control box.
When I get a chance will open up the control box, it's either a broken wire corrosion as I think the. Controller is solid state.
Not grumpy anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom