Mercedes Sl320 Designo Mystic Blue 2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I looked at one of those last year, with slightly fewer miles and it was £16k :eek:

A lovely car in a lovely colour and interior with BEM trim.

Nice colour, don't personally like those wheels.

What's all that talk about "special edition"? That badge looks decidedly cheap and those clear xenon lights look like an anachronism for a 2000 car. :confused:

The hard top looks like its from another vehicle so that would worry me as would the badges on the bootlid, they dont quite look right, so possibly the car has had a respray of the boot at some time. Possible sign of accident damage?

What's all that talk about "special edition"? That badge looks decidedly cheap and those clear xenon lights look like an anachronism for a 2000 car. :confused:

The last R129s were all special editions - Designo Almandine & Designo Alanite as V6s and Designo Mystic Blue (V6/V8) & the Silver Arrow as a V8. There was a Final Edition but don't know if any actually made it to the UK - certainly never seen one.

The badge on the boot lid shouldn't be there - they're wing badges. Don't see the problem with the Xenon lights? They were an optional extra on pre-2001 V6s so not special to this car. The hardtop should be blue so definitely something to enquire about.

Didn't the Editions all have pano roofs anyway?

The last R129s were all special editions - Designo Almandine & Designo Alanite as V6s and Designo Mystic Blue (V6/V8) & the Silver Arrow as a V8. There was a Final Edition but don't know if any actually made it to the UK - certainly never seen one.

Cheers, Andrew :).

The badge on the boot lid shouldn't be there - they're wing badges.

Ah, that explains it and why they look so out of place.

Don't see the problem with the Xenon lights? They were an optional extra on pre-2001 V6s so not special to this car.

The first generations of xenons came with opaque lenses, it was only later that the clear lenses were introduced. 2000 sounds like too early for clear xenon lenses.

The first generations of xenons came with opaque lenses, it was only later that the clear lenses were introduced. 2000 sounds like too early for clear xenon lenses.

R129 Xenons have always been the same:

HeadlampWiper.jpg

You should never have got rid of that car Andrew.:)

Happy NY btw.

Its been on pistonheads for a while, I am unsure of that silver roof, I think in the pistonheads advert the seller says its a limited edition :s

The hard top is from another (silver) car - somewhat suspicious.

Agree with everyone, there is something not right on this car. It has been around before on Autotartder and eBay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom