Mercedes SL350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
A friend of mine has been fighting cancer for almost 2 years and sadly passed away a week ago. His wife has been left to organise most things so I've been trying to help her out where I can.

She wants to sell the three cars and just buy something small like an A1. His car is a 55 plate SL350 in some kind of blue ( possibly petrol blue). It's in immaculate condition with low mileage.

She's starting to lose her memory, so I'm concerned she is going to be taken for a ride (pardon the pun). What's the best site to sell it on and what would be the rough asking price. It's got various extras.

Thanks

Very sorry to hear that .

If you are going to try to sell them on her behalf , you could do worse than initially advertise them on here - a club member may be interested ?

Depending on mileage , spec and condition, but if it has full service history and is genuinely in good condition with under 50k miles it should be worth anywhere between £9k -12k ish, maybe a tad more if you are lucky.

There are currently a couple with under 20k miles up for £15k ish on PH, but they have been around for a while which would suggest they are a little bit overpriced.

Last edited:
Bought the same spec / colour recently

I bought the same colour / specification one owner, always garaged, 45k mile car in immaculate condition with full MB Service history for £12k this Summer. Only minor difference was the more modern (?) metal, not wood, internal finish.

I probably paid more than I needed to, but it was someone I knew and trusted completely, selling a car he owned from new and that I knew had been used regularly but hadn't been used much and had always been kept in a garage.

Realistically, I doubt that you'll see five figures for your friend's car in November / December unless the mileage and servicing are excellent. It's winter and people aren't shopping.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but waiting for buyers to call can be a depressing process in November. Prices of cars being offered for sale, are no indicator of whether they will actually sell anywhere near the asking price.

To state the obvious, if the mileage is normal (100+k), servicing partial, or condition less than great, then the asking price will need to be much lower.

Best place to sell: Autotrader by a country mile. It's a volume game.

MikeInWimbledon said:
I bought the same colour / specification one owner, always garaged, 45k mile car in immaculate condition with full MB Service history for £12k this Summer. Only minor difference was the more modern (?) metal, not wood, internal finish. I probably paid more than I needed to, but it was someone I knew and trusted completely, selling a car he owned from new and that I knew had been used regularly but hadn't been used much and had always been kept in a garage. Realistically, I doubt that you'll see five figures for your friend's car in November / December unless the mileage and servicing are excellent. It's winter and people aren't shopping. Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but waiting for buyers to call can be a depressing process in November. Prices of cars being offered for sale, are no indicator of whether they will actually sell anywhere near the asking price. To state the obvious, if the mileage is normal (100+k), servicing partial, or condition less than great, then the asking price will need to be much lower. Best place to sell: Autotrader by a country mile. It's a volume game.

It seems very similar to yours. It's always garaged, their main car is an A3. I'll check the mileage when I get a chance, but can't imagine it's high.

Unfortunalety it was dark so still no pictures, but it's 25k on the clock.

She's also looking to sell her Morris Minor.

Any ideas how old this is?

Attachments

• image-2075080452.jpg
    image-2075080452.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
Or 1968, I think 'F' suffix was used from 1 August 1967 to 31 July 1968.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom