mercedes sl55 with sl65 body

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh dear.

Not to be confused with an SL55..... because it is actually an.....SL55!!

Extra pump fitted!

Taken staight to Brabus for modiifcation in 2003?? Black Series not made until 2008?? So the body work is just the usual later mod.

There's a few of these littering eBay at the moment. Usually created from a 2003 SL500 or similar.

OK I guess if you want an SL65 Black look but with V8 running costs. They aren't very discreet though.

There's a red one local to me with 'K155 ***' on the number plate. Sounds very meaty indeed, but V8 meaty and definitely not V12 ;)

Interesting that theres water seeping under the spoiler down the bootlid:

$_57.JPG

I cant imagine these being anywhere near OEM quality in the flesh.

Might just be bolted down by a bolt at each end, rather than a strip of tape running the whole length of the spoiler. If there's a gap between the boot lid and spoiler, it could explain the drips.

I also wouldn't be keen on having 3"+ spacers front and rear, which I suspect this car will be running due to the extra width in the wings.

Might just be bolted down by a bolt at each end, rather than a strip of tape running the whole length of the spoiler. If there's a gap between the boot lid and spoiler, it could explain the drips.

That was my point, its not been done properly. The water isnt there on the roof up pics, so everytime you put the roof down you get a bootlid covered in water.

Oh dear.

Not to be confused with an SL55..... because it is actually an.....SL55!!

Extra pump fitted!

Taken staight to Brabus for modiifcation in 2003?? Black Series not made until 2008?? So the body work is just the usual later mod.

Guys, I know the seller doesn't help but you read too much in to the ad.

Someone took this to Brabus in 2003 to have the K8 conversion done. Few years later another owner added an aftermarket body kit. Shame it is not a Brabus kit as it would make for a nice looking car.

Not an SL55 in a sense that it's not a standard SL55.

Last edited:

I cant imagine these being anywhere near OEM quality in the flesh.

The kits are usually reinforced fibre glass, even from Lorinser.

Brabus makes them from PUR-RIM plastic, which is meant to be better but it still doesn't fit and has to be filled in by a bodyshop.

Bottom line is whatever it is on that car, it is no different from anything else available for Mercedes today, bar Mansory and their carbon fibre conversions.

Looks like the car discussed here a while back that had very dodgy panel gaps..

I bet in the flesh it wont be good.

3rd exhaust pipe looks a bit odd compared to the others...

You also have the fun of telling anyone interested that it is not a genuine one. How exciting.

There does seem to be quite a few of these cars on the net at the moment, all mostly early SL500 R230's as already mentioned...

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 Black Series 2dr Bi-Turbo 5.0

They cant be easy to sell, as you can get a genuine SL65 AMG R230 for less than £30k now...okay not a black series but still the 'real thing':thumb:

Mercedes-Benz SL Class 6.0 SL65 AMG 2dr
They could have sprung for a set of wheel centre caps on the first one! looks very naff with them missing.......

Indeed it did. £174,000 in 2004, £25,000 facelift conversion, original Black Series engine... is he in cloud cuckoo land?! :confused:

And I'd like to see proof of the claimed 680bhp!

I am not sure they were quite £174,000 in 2005.
Not even sure what the "original conversion" was.

680bhp wouldn't be too unreasonable from a 65AMG thats been remapped.

Rashman's favourite wheel company although not really a huge surprise.

Strangely we haven't heard from that company again since members gave some honest opinions on their conversion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom