Mercedes SL63 AMG vs BMW M6 - Auto Express

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do like BMW's too they are very nice car's to be fair.

However no AMG or BMW can come close to this beast, if you want pure performance than for the money nothing comes close to this:
IMG_1772-1.jpg

+1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!

I do like BMW's too they are very nice car's to be fair.

However no AMG or BMW can come close to this beast, if you want pure performance than for the money nothing comes close to this:
IMG_1772-1.jpg

I "get it".

But I'd go out and buy a Maserati Gran cabrio or GT coupe thing. I just would.

Oh I agree Steve!

It's just too Chavy for a man of my years!

If I was spending £70K on one motor then it would have to be a used Aston/AMG/Porker or something.

The GTR is what it is, a balls out point and squirt machine, but zero panache! :rolleyes:

.........................however if I could afford a few cars I'd av one stashed away outa sight so I could have a sunday morning blatt when no ones watching. :thumb:

The handling of the GTR is in a different league.

Because it's a Nissan its not got the badge but it's a far better car than what AMG or Aston Martin can offer for the price and more, even the SLS AMG can't match it and that's 150K+ super car

GTR is a different league is all I can say here!

Did he say the BMW does 0-60 in 5.3 surely that not right?

No ones disputing that anymore than a road going Touring Car or Rallycross car will trounce any road car.

Point is you look a Chav driving one compared to a prestige make!

Don't think Keira Knightley would choose to get a lift home in the GTR when a DBS is on offer. :cool:

The Nissan driver would end up with a pi$$ed up Jordan look-a-likey! :crazy:

No ones disputing that anymore than a road going Touring Car or Rallycross car will trounce any road car.

Point is you look a Chav driving one compared to a prestige make!

Don't think Keira Knightley would choose to get a lift home in the GTR when a DBS is on offer. :cool:

:

How much is a Jaguar? I mean DBS? allot more than the GTR.

I disagree, to me it doesn't look like a chavs car?

It depends what your looking for here for pure performance then GTR, if you need a car to show off then DBS is the car for you. :)

Which one will last longer? ;)

GTR

Last edited:
GTR has a complex two turbo engine and fancy DSG box, might not be as tough as you think. Even using the launch control invalidates the warranty.

I am not an Aston fan, but the Maserati range just excludes desire and want. If I wanted a really fast good handling car, I'd get a Caterham R500, KTM X-Bow sort of thing.

Brother has a atom 300 & Xbox, they are out of this world.

GTR has a complex two turbo engine and fancy DSG box, might not be as tough as you think. Even using the launch control invalidates the warranty.

I am not an Aston fan, but the Maserati range just excludes desire and want. If I wanted a really fast good handling car, I'd get a Caterham R500, KTM X-Bow sort of thing.

I'm sure it will be more reliable than any Italian car, lol.

Using LC invalidates the warranty, who told you this? Obviously you can't use it in the run in process.

Your obviously missing the point, Caterham R500 can't sit 4 adults comfortably? GTR is an everyday car big enough boot for shopping.

0-62 in 2.7 and 550bhp!

Plus the after sale service Nissan provide is great, Mercedes/BMW can only dream of!

I personally just love the GTR, you got to drive one to know what these can do, but then again I’m not sure it will meet the needs of a normal diesel driver.

I just don't see the point of a performance machine like an AMG 63 or BMW M in convertible guise, a compromise too far imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom