Mercedes slk 230 K(r170) 1999 ABS,BAS dash warning lamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
Hi all,
Have just taken in a T reg merc SLK 230 K which has ABS,BAS light on.
Drove it and braked to see if ABS would kick in and sure enough it did`nt. To confirm this took it to local merc indie who put it on diagnostic and said that abs unit faulty...something to do with solenoid in unit i think?
My question is that
A/ willl these lights go off automaticalyl when the abs unit is changed or will they require a rest?
B/ If the BAS ABS lights are on will they inactivate the ASR switch on the console as at the moment it does nothing.Should it not switch the asr off and light up the yellow triangle in the dash?

And finally also noticed that bulbs not working on the check engine and steering lock warning lights. Despite taking dashout and trying several bulbs still cannot get these to work,even when putting in known working bulbs from other positions.
Is it possible to damage the circuit film behind the bulbs ? if so how do you replace it? Despite spending an hour or so tweaking the bulbs ....still couldnt get them to light.
Maybe these early models dont have thse warning lamps?
Look forward to any thoughts on these issues.

Bringing this thread back to the top to ask if anyone can help as I've got the same issue on exactly the same model of the same year. Many thanks for any comments.

Bringing this thread back to the top to ask if anyone can help as I've got the same issue on exactly the same model of the same year. Many thanks for any comments.

9 times out of ten it's either brake light switch or abs sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom