Mercedes Southampton - Good Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Forestier

Car
W205 C200 AMG PREMIUM PLUS AUTO ESTATE
Just thought I would pass on my thoughts on recent buying experience at Ridgeways.
I picked up a year old facelift C180 Auto Sport Estate on Wednesday with my 2010 BMW 525d Touring taken in exchange.
So far, I really love the C180, it's nice to be able to park without needing a bloke with two ping pong bats to guide you in. The BMW seats are so low in the body that, even on the highest setting you struggle to get a decent view. Dip beam on the BM's halogen lights was actually unsafe, much worse than my wife's Focus.

For a smallish petrol engine, the C 180 is pretty nippy though I expect I will notice the difference when fully loaded on motorway trips.

Anyway, Ridgeway:
I normally sell my cars privately but the offer was so good I was able to do without the hassle of Autotrader & exchange the BMW for the C180. I was asked if I wanted to put a small amount on finance as this then qualifies for a Mercedes contribution of £1000, (current offer on used C Class cars). Net result was another £432 off the cost to me.
I knew from my test drive that the C180 would soon need a new pair of rear tyres. At the price discussed, I did not push this as a bargaining point. The BMW was in the same position. Surprised I was when, on collection, I found they had fitted a brand new pair of Dunlop Sportmaxx RTs.
Salesman was Ez Werfali.

P.S. They threw in a brand new set of AMG mats in black with red edging & AMG logo. As I prefer rubber floor mats, these are available & cheap. I can't post in Classifieds as I have not yet posted enough times. PM if interested.

Last edited:
Grrr, cannot PM you, but if you are willing to part with those mats for half price including postage to Scotland, I could take them as a backup set.

Will check out the cost on Monday Alistair and post here. Will figure out how to exchange contact details also.
I guess PMs not allowed until lots of posts?

Will check out the cost on Monday Alistair and post here. Will figure out how to exchange contact details also.
I guess PMs not allowed until lots of posts?

It's probably an anti-spam measure. Pain for normal members though.

Okay you need 30 posts before we can PM, crazy. Their forum their rules though.

You could contact a mod and ask them to unlock you early, or just get busy posting stuff.

I have bought a number of cars from Ridgeway Portsmouth and currently have a new A Class on order from them. I cannot fault the sales experience there ... They show others how it should be done. Servicing has been perfect too.
Funnily enough their Chichester operation is shockingly bad both on sales and service. They showed no interest in selling my wife an A Class and were more interested in shooing me away from the E convertible in the showroom so they could lock me and others out of it. Their service guys find something different every time they do a visual inspection ..... and omit things they spotted the previous time. My indie cannot find all the issues they have raised !
10/10 Ridgeway Portsmouth and 1/10 Ridgeway Chichester.

The great thing about Mercedes Southampton (in my experience) is that you can browse their showroom all day without fear of being bothered by a salesman...:D
Last time I went there, suited and booted, I parked my C350 outside the front door in full view of sales staff, inspected an ML Grand Edition in minute detail, walked up and down the showroom in front of salesmen buried deep in their paperwork, returned to the ML for another go, coughed and shuffled my feet - but no way could I wake anyone up.
I was genuinely interested in that car and I'm a sucker for a persuasive sales pitch..but it never got started!
Place felt like a morgue - walked out and I'll never bother to go back. :wallbash:
Perhaps they like the look of you better than me...:dk: :D

Ridgeway Pompey isnt so far Mercy ! Go find Mez .... Top bloke

Grrr, cannot PM you, but if you are willing to part with those mats for half price including postage to Scotland, I could take them as a backup set.

Hi Alastair

I have checked Mercedes Portsmouth & Chichester & Poole

All confirm price for set is £211

How about £100 postage included?

You can email me on: [email protected]

The great thing about Mercedes Southampton (in my experience) is that you can browse their showroom all day without fear of being bothered by a salesman...:D
Last time I went there, suited and booted, I parked my C350 outside the front door in full view of sales staff, inspected an ML Grand Edition in minute detail, walked up and down the showroom in front of salesmen buried deep in their paperwork, returned to the ML for another go, coughed and shuffled my feet - but no way could I wake anyone up.
I was genuinely interested in that car and I'm a sucker for a persuasive sales pitch..but it never got started!
Place felt like a morgue - walked out and I'll never bother to go back. :wallbash:
Perhaps they like the look of you better than me...:dk: :D

I guess it must just be you :) I use southampton mercedes for my car purchases for the last few years (I am on my fourth) and I always get acknowledged.

I never go in suited an booted. In fact my c63 that I am just about to pick up is the first purchase I have made there not wearing a pair of shorts and scruffy t-shirt. (I don't dress in a suit for work)

But I did drive down to drop the insurance certificate off last saturday in my 69 VW camper that has a new engine and a slight oil leak onto the exhaust that means it does smoke a little when parked. They had a new girl on the reception desk, I have to admit I was wearing my cleaing the car clothes so a ripped pair of jeans, dirty trainers and an old hoody. When I went in she did look down her nose at me as she asked if she could help me. This was just as my sales guy walked past and asked if I was dropping the insurance cert off for my new AMG. Her face was priceless.

Just goes to show you should never judge a book, but we all do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom