Mercedes Standoff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is, in a nutshell, a very concise explanation of some of the world's bloodiest conflicts...

very Adult , should it not have been a case of age before beauty :)

Well done that woman. She must have been early for her manicure appointment, coffee with the girls...

Last edited:
Did this with a bus once myself.
Being a public service bus, he thought he would bully his way past some parked cars ON HIS side of the road (which i was partially past already).
We ended up bumper to bumper on MY side of the road.
I jumped out and started taking photos. He said I was invading his privacy (difficult when you work on a public bus with the public with CCTV!).
After a few more cars turned up I pointed out he was an arrogant c**k, and pulled onto the pavement to let him through (clearly not really legal either).
I was in a hire car so feeling brave and kind of hoping we had hit head-on on my side of the road.

I regret getting so wound up, but I do let buses out and try to be polite, but i won't be bullied by "my bus is bigger than your car" drivers.

:)

I think the most pertinent point was that the Police were called, yet failed to turn up while both drivers were present.

Ironically, the Police could have arbitrated, deciding who was in the right and who was in the wrong, and sorted this issue out in no time. Because they failed to show in a timely manner, this caused no end of difficulty for everyone involved.

As for Right of Way, yes the woman had the right of way, had she approached the narrow tunnel first, but considering that the elderly man was already in the tunnel, he would be entitled to finish the manoeuvre first. It's like those islands where oncoming traffic has a right of way, or you have a right of way over oncoming traffic. It is always first come first served.

Reminds me of an old film, two cars in a country lane, can anyone remember what it was called?

A pair of arrogant idiots.

The male was further through the tunnel on this clip, but without seeing how they ended up there (he could've accelerated hard) it's extremely difficult to prove who's in the wrong

Another example of a doddery idiot that should have surrendered his license a long time ago, if he cant reverse out of that he doesn't deserve to have a driving license and be on the road... Just saying :D

Reminds me of an old film, two cars in a country lane, can anyone remember what it was called?

I'm pretty sure that was a short sketch with Jimmy Edwards as the upper class gent driving a Rolls, and Eric Sykes as the working class serf in an old banger, meeting head on in a very long, narrow country lane with no possibility of passing. Both claiming the other should reverse out of the lane.
If memory serves, after several arguments as to why the other party should be the one to give way, they ended up measuring who was nearest the end of the lane only to find they had met exactly in the middle. Can't remember how it got resolved in the end.

Another example of a doddery idiot that should have surrendered his license a long time ago, if he cant reverse out of that he doesn't deserve to have a driving license and be on the road... Just saying :D

Maybe she couldn't reverse either? Not that I'm saying women can't reverse you understand. Of course they can: best reversists in the whole world....except when it comes to going backwards.

:devil::devil::devil:

I'm pretty sure that was a short sketch with Jimmy Edwards as the upper class gent driving a Rolls, and Eric Sykes as the working class serf in an old banger, meeting head on in a very long, narrow country lane with no possibility of passing. Both claiming the other should reverse out of the lane.
If memory serves, after several arguments as to why the other party should be the one to give way, they ended up measuring who was nearest the end of the lane only to find they had met exactly in the middle. Can't remember how it got resolved in the end.

Had a quick Google, and in fact it was Leslie Phillips and Bernard Cribbins in a half-hour film called "Impasse", a part of the "Comedy Playhouse" series of shows:

"Impasse 15 March 1963 25 mins Two drivers, one in a Bentley the other in a small, rundown car, meet each other halfway down a narrow country lane. Both refuse to give way, and the situation becomes worse when both the AA and RAC arrive and begin to defend their respective members. Bernard Cribbins plays Mr Spooner, Yootha Joyce plays his wife, Leslie Phillips plays Mr Ferris, Georgina Cookson plays Mrs Ferris, Harry Locke plays the AA man, Duncan Macrae plays the RAC man and Campbell Singer plays the Police Constable. This was remade as the Pride segment in the anthology film The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins, and again for Paul Merton In Galton & Simpson's... in 1996."

It's hardly the point in fairness. The old guy has clearly the right of way.

licence :thumb:

What? Cannot spell Licence? Maybe he should have his License taken away so flango cannot post in here anymore?

;)

Well as the usual moral high ground is being taken I thought I would interject with some of my own :D

That is, in a nutshell, a very concise explanation of some of the world's bloodiest conflicts...

and why the human race will never be united.

Why didn't anyone drag the bint out of the car and back it up for her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom