Mercedes strut cross-member. A possible group buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only most MB don't have struts, they use double wishbone suspension.

Dieselman said:

I thought strut braces stopped the chasis flexing under stress? So what difference does the type of suspension make?

silly question - do C classes have a front subframe - i cant find one listed in the EPC...

If they do then a strut brace is totally useless - the subframe is bolted to the chassis via rubber bushes - stopping the body flexing would have little effect on the subframe flexing...

I'm pretty sure there is on my W202, at least what I saw underneath I assumed was the subframe.

So am I right in thinking that because the cornering forces are directed through the two wishbones, a topside strut brace is ineffective as there is no force at the top of the shock mount in the engine bay pushing in towards the centre of the car?

It not just about stiffness. It gives a good look and helps give a clean look to your engine bay :D

Dieselman said:

:D Not all MB's - The w203 C Class uses the Mcferson stut front suspension

Thmsshaun said:
It not just about stiffness. It gives a good look and helps give a clean look to your engine bay :D

Looks good?? What under the bonnet where nobody can see it?

Clean look? It will clutter the engine bay and may it look untidy.

Save your money and put it towards something more useful.

...........like a Nova? :D

Thmsshaun said:
Stops the bonnet from being dented should you hit something :crazy: a hidden bull bar perhaps :eek:

miro said:
What about a group buy ?

Emm.. Dont think your going to get the group buy

I'd be interested, but only if its going to be of some benifit to the suspension.... and fits in around the v8 lump.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom