Mercedes - Sunderland UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black Scorpion

Car
AMG C63
I arrived at Mercedes – Benz of Sunderland at 07.55 am on 16-04-2018. It is my first time with the Mercedes brand and my first impressions were very good as I drove up to a modern building with plenty of customer parking.

As I approached the building I was greeted by a man named John who introduced himself and showed me into the waiting area. I was offered tea/coffee/water while John and I chatted about cars and the vehicle that I was having work done on.

After a short while I was introduced to Helen who works in service reception. She went through the paperwork with me as to what I was having done on my AMG C63. Just for the record I was having an A service, MOT, spark plugs, gearbox oil and filter, brake fluid change, so quite a large job but nothing too hard.

I was introduced to the vehicle technician Darren at my request just to put my mind at rest that he would not remove the modified map from the ECU. He knew what I wanted and he clearly understood about modified cars. Great I can now relax!

So all sorted and John came back with the key to for the courtesy car a nice new C 200 D. OK it was not an AMG but hey it looked good and drove well and most important it had fuel in not like some garages where you need to find a fuel station before you head home.

I went home and received a call from Helen at around 3 pm that my car was ready. This was great as I had been told it could be near to 5 pm before it would be ready.

So what do I think?

Well my experience with Mercedes – Benz of Sunderland was one of the best that I have ever had. Now this is from someone who has owned vehicles from brands such Porsche, Audi, BMW, Land Rover, etc. so I am not new to prestige brands.

Everyone I had met on the day were polite, happy, professional and a pleasure to deal with.

I would recommend this dealer to anyone who has a Mercedes as they do go the extra mile to make the customer experience a positive one.

Thank you to all at Mercedes Sunderland.

Nice to read positive reports from this dealer. Like other brands, dealership satisfaction varies from your good experience to the damn right awful. The management really do make or break customer satisfaction.

I can confirm this having bought two cars from this dealership as it is my local. Really helpful whether you're buying or getting maintenance/servicing done on your car. Just picked up my C250d from Sunderland last week, dealt with Shaun who sold me my A Class and the service was just as good as the first time.

Liam

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Will have to use them on my c63 on my next service,only had it a week,cheers mark

Use Sunderland MB for all servicing and they have been spot on every time . John the workshop manager is extrememley helpful and even with the few modifications on mine I have been treat as if the car is standard

That's spot on to know Lee,cheers for the heads up bud.

I went to view a black (delivery miles) E63s at Sunderland the middle of last year. When I turned up, they informed me that the car wasn’t on site as they had loaned it out to one of the Sunderland football team.

“I’m really sorry Mr 7oddy, we could have the car back in a couple of days if you would like to book a test drive”.

Apparently they have some sort of deal where they need to supply X amount of AMG’s to the team per month.

When I showed my concern about how the car could have possibly been driven during the loan spell, I was told “They promised not to thrash it”. :rolleyes:

Their service may be great, but I would think twice about buying a new performance car from them. Of course the car may have been driven as per run-in procedures, but I doubt it.

I’m not trying to spoil the good feedback, I’m just providing some information that I believe should be taken into account when looking at buying a new or relatively new AMG from their stock.

On the other hand, maybe next season they will be getting Vauxhall loaners so it won’t be an issue for the prestige buyer.

Last edited:
I can't comment on 7oddy's experience but for me they got be out of a rather bad situation with my A Class. 3,000 miles in and the drivers seat belt was badly frayed. It wasn't down to wearing coats in the car and it had received very light use. MB Germany wouldn't provide a replacement seat belt under warranty as they were claiming wear and tear. It went through a few people at MB Sunderland including the Regional Director who all agreed it should be replaced. MB Sunderland managed to get me a replacement seat belt (cost to them) and fitted it, didn't pay a penny. I know a few other dealers in the area who would cite "Manufacturer says no and so do we".

Liam

Glad you had a good experience and fairly local to me as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom