Mercedes Tackday at Donington Parrk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve A

Car
2010 EClass 250CGI auto Estate, Lexus ISF, Mini Cooper Auto.
Well Just got from a simply fantastic day out!! did anybody else on here go????

Drove down this morning in the C55 to sample the C63 at full chat.

Landed at about 945am and went into the quickest breifing ecer on track saftey ( 5 mins top:D ) then out on track.

Having never done a track day before i was a bit worried that i have deluded myself at how good a driver i was and that i was actually rubbish. Luckily i suprised a myself.

What i drove. 3 laps of each

C320cdi auto - good handling car in fact better then the 335d i had last year. 21 out of 50 points for driving skill - not a bad start.
SLK 280 - not enough shove didnt like it at all and only 15 out of 50

ML63 amg - this was an interesting one as we have the 420cdi and i wanted to compare the cars.......that engine in that car is mega, monstorous and really and its soo much faster than the big D, also it really handles it was a massive suprise. if i could handle 10mpg id have one. 28 out of 50

E63 amg - very very fasy very comfy and faster than an E55 not as much low down shove but definatley gains more speed. It was a good compromise car as it was still very sporty but it was also very comfortable. also got the fastest top speed down the back straight 33 out of 50 - will be a great second hand buy at about 30k

CLS320 cdi - this is when i started to get the driving all toghether, the car had good balance and the instructor incouraged me to have a go at overtaking a faster car (e63) with a pretty bad driver and i did. I really really enjoyed the drive and got 35 out of 50. - gave me 4 laps

C63 amg estate - This is the car i went to drive. I have cancelled the Nissan GTR because of **** service (another thread about that) and i am very close in buying one. First of all it wins for the best noise, its simply spine tingling:bannana: . Boy is this car good on track. Harder than the E63, more sporty amazing grip in the corners. the instructor(Will was a nutter) and this man taught me how to break. all the other instructors said my lines were good but never told me i was breaking wrong. As soon as he told me the technique the laps where amazing we went through craner curves? at 120mph:eek: and i didnt even grumble, the breaks are fantastic the steerig is crisp the engine is stunning and the noise is to die for amazing......... im buying one. 41 out of 50

B170 cdi manual - I have not drove a manual car in about 5 years and i loved it on track. Clearly this car is not fast, but, and this is suprising it handels really well, and i overtook a few cars c200 and a clc. really got what i had learned in the faster cars all togther and the instructor said id done brilliant got 46 out of 50.

CLC200cdi Manual - The last car i drove was notout of choice. if i didnt drive the B/A class and the new CLC, i couldnt be involved in the Driver of the day comp. I was the last car to go out of the paddock and it had stated raining. Donington is a very slippy track in the wet and all the instructors said it is like ice.
So then the car had a punchy engine and the steering is ....wait for it.........BRILLIANT, i couldnt beleive it, full of feedbackand the car went ehere i pointed it. The surface was slippy but the car was good to drive. as we were coming in after the 3rd lap the 2 red light came on for end of session and the instructor said Steve lets do one more lap - who am i to refuse a turing car driver - so the circuit was empty and i drove my socks , thought it was definatley my best effort anf the instructor said it was perfect and i got 50 out of 50:D :D.

During the day and i was having feeling ive missed a lot of opportunities over the years to do this ( track driving) and id never done it. But all that has changed now, track driving will become part of my life i LOVE IT:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: .

Mercedes should be congratulated on a fantastic day.

Did your invite just appear in the post??? Looking at the cars you own I'm not surprised...well done.:rock:

Sounds like great fun!!

Do you know if any more events are planned?

Having been on a similar Vauxhall event this week at Rockingham, I'm still buzzing and soooo want a track day car!!

Did your invite just appear in the post??? Looking at the cars you own I'm not surprised...well done.:rock:

its MB manchesters attempt to sell me a C63:rolleyes:

Sounds like great fun!!

Having been on a similar Vauxhall event this week at Rockingham, I'm still buzzing and soooo want a track day car!!

I think today was the last day of the seasn IIRC they have been doing this for the last 5 weeks

Sounds like great fun!!

Ditto what Mr Bobby says. Except I havent even done the Vauxhall event.

How do you find out about MB track days for the future?

M.

Ditto what Mr Bobby says. Except I havent even done the Vauxhall event.

How do you find out about MB track days for the future?

M.

You shouldn't have ordered your car until they sent you on one:cool:

If you're not doing anything the weekend Sep 6 -8, a big group of us will be heading back to the Nurburgring for the last time this year :)

If you think UK trackdays are good, you'll love the Nurburgring.

Some pics in my gallery thread.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=45988

Nick id love to however im going to cyprus with the 7th.

If you are going on any other trackdays though, give us the heads up as id love to join in.

Thanks

Steve.

Mmmm. Maybe if we all make enquries with MB Manchester about a C63 but don't mention that we're all in it together, we could say we'd need to have a go on track to be sure we're happy to place a deposit. They may bite!!

:D

Mmmm. Maybe if we all make enquries with MB Manchester about a C63 but don't mention that we're all in it together, we could say we'd need to have a go on track to be sure we're happy to place a deposit. They may bite!!

:D

I did spend rather a lot with them when i bought the ML:crazy: plus ive bought from them many times before. but next year ill find out when they are happening and let everyone know.

It probbably a better idea then the sarcasm implies;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom