mercedes 'tesco finest' range of servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philepo

Car
C270 CDI (2004 w203)
Seriously, this seems like good value, so why was I quoted 3 trillion pounds for a service by my local stealer instead of being told about this 139 quid oil+filter service?

Mercedes-Benz UK - Servicing - 7+ Value Service

I wonder if they do the same for ATF changes!?

Just worth checking the footnotes..

"*Please note that the Value Service does not follow the Manufacturers recommended service schedule."

Why?
A local indie would charge 100 quid easily - this way I get to keep a full MBSH

Why?
A local indie would charge 100 quid easily - this way I get to keep a full MBSH

No you don't!! See post #2

whitenemesis said:
No you don't!! See post #2

Yes you do we have discussed this here before, op do a search your book will be stamped as per a normal mb service as mine was on my ex c43.

We have had a different discussion and the outcome was one doesn't retain FMBSH as the service performed "does not follow the Manufacturers recommended service schedule" the sevice book may well be stamped (there was some discrepancy between dealers, some do, some don't) but the service record will not have had the mileage/time dependant jobs done.

Also worth noting that Mobilo will not be reinstated following a Value Service.

whitenemesis said:
We have had a different discussion and the outcome was one doesn't retain FMBSH as the service performed "does not follow the Manufacturers recommended service schedule" the sevice book may well be stamped (there was some discrepancy between dealers, some do, some don't) but the service record will not have had the mileage/time dependant jobs done.

My previous 43 had a value service, new owner had a problem called out mobilo who replaced cps, only charged the price of a new cps, labour and call out etc covered by mobilo.

Spot on and what a bargain by MB £139 for bits that cost £25 at most :doh:

I was told back in March that MB Stratford were withdrawing their 7+ labour rate (40% discount) and although the value service remains, older cars require more workshop time on repairs. Hence my decision to stop using the dealership. This is the second time that they have changed their pricing strategy and the second time I have switched to independent servicing and repairs.

Spot on and what a bargain by MB £139 for bits that cost £25 at most :doh:

You could say that about any service from any garage (except kwik****/nation tired etc, who are morons) !

I think to keep a full mercedes stamp record it seems pretty good value.

This debate is the reason that whenever I buy a car, my first port of call is to call a dealer up to check service history. Some dealers are happy to tell you everything, some will only give you details of the last service, while others are a bit more annoying. I called smart the other day to book the car in, and was given details of the last service they had on record without me asking. Quite funny really, as I kept trying to tell them I didn't care as the car had been serviced by an indy until then...

I've just been in to pick some windscreen wipers up for the CL and asked about this '7+ service' and they've said for £159 the service book will be stamped and it'll give me 12 months worth of Mobilo cover.

So I booked the car in for Thursday morning...

I've just been in to pick some windscreen wipers up for the CL and asked about this '7+ service' and they've said for £159 the service book will be stamped and it'll give me 12 months worth of Mobilo cover.

The people in the dealerships have no idea though. Service Advisor at the dealership I use inisisted Mobilo cover anything that migh happen while I'm out and about in the car. That's not true, there are at least 3 Mobilo schemes and the cover varies and can become quite limited, as the car gets older.

Get that in writing ;)

Doncaster?

They do get a bit confused at times. They were very surprised when the now deceased Service Plus paid for a brake fluid change.... Had to argue with the to put it forward for approval.

If that is a South Yorkshire Dealer and who I think it is they once rejected a warranty claim as the 7+ service is a departure from recommended Manufacturer servicing , so I too would get it in writing before parting with cash. Just spoke to a mate who works at an MB dealer in the North West he says 7+ servicing does not maintain Mobilo and does not count to full service history as it is not recorded on the electronic service book. So as usual look like MB dealers don't know their ar*e from their elbow whoevers correct :D

No need did you read my post above ?

I did read your post - but without seeing it in writing from a dealer it doesn't mean much. A fully stamped book does not automatically result in mobilo cover.

Yes, on some occasion a dealer will honor it, but what happens when part xyz goes costing £?,000 to replace; and they point the finger at the lack of a proper service history?

On their site it's clearly listed as not being considered "acceptable"

M.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom