Mercedes tier 1 warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bellers

Car
C63
Hi everyone. Picked up my new to me 2014 s350 today. The Mercedes warranty runs out on the last day of January and I really don't fancy paying £1400 for the Merc tier 1 if there are any alternatives. Can anyone suggest one that they have bought and claimed on? I'll go with Merc one for peace of mind if it's the best option.

If you bought from a main dealer used approved it should come with 1 year Tier 1 warranty from time of purchase - my S204 did when I bought it from MB Ashford! Anyway, under current law does not the supplying dealer have to provide at least 3 months warranty, maybe 6 (unless it's a private purchase!).

Bought from silver leaf motors.beautiful car. Came with 3 months but the Merc warranty expires in 4 weeks and I will want a good one for "just in case"

Was told today not to bother with the Merc Mondial warranty as its not that good. Now what do I do?. I always believed it was almost as good as the manufacturer warranty so now I'm in a quandary.

I have nothing but praise for the MB tier 1 warranty. Renewed three times on my CL600 bi turbo. Over the three years i more than had my fair share of claims, more than three times the cost of the warranty......£1000 per year. no problem at all. plus it includes Motability? breakdown cover including hire car.

I have still got the Tier 1 warranty and I pay mine monthly been paying it for close to 3 years so far had Glowplug Module, and an injector. However as mine is over 100000 miles it don't cover 'wear and tear' so not sure what it will cover now.

I've renewed the TIER1 for the past three years on my 2009 C220 AMG Estate since I bought it as an approved used 3yrs old.

I treat it as insurance if something 'big' happens like a gearbox or turbo failure, and so far had no issues claiming for minor things like :

Replacing rear light circuit boards £260
Replacing water pump £300
Replacing factory fitted tow bar electric bracket £180

Previous years its cost me £450-520 for TIER1 with zero excess, but my renewal now the cars entering its 8th year is £720 with a £250 excess .... I've been on the verge of not renewing but probably will.

Worth a note that all claims have been dealt with by the dealership, they are normally on your side as they want to do the work and have your business.

For me its piece of mind ... I look at it as cheaper than owning a newer car with a manufactures warranty.

Hi everyone. Picked up my new to me 2014 s350 today. The Mercedes warranty runs out on the last day of January and I really don't fancy paying £1400 for the Merc tier 1 if there are any alternatives. Can anyone suggest one that they have bought and claimed on? I'll go with Merc one for peace of mind if it's the best option.

£1400? Is that just for one year?

I had a strange thing recently with the warranty website, I tried it about 2 weeks ago and it quoted £1030 for a Tier 1 for my 2012 E250 estate, with no excess. Then I received the letter from MB stating the current Tier1 warranty was ending. It gave me a username and pin which didn't work when I tried it on the website so I rang them and was quoted £630 for Tier1 with no excess. Not sure why that happened?

Went back on the site tonight and it's quoting £1970 for a year or £1560 with £250 excess. Warranty wise are offering it at £890 for franchise dealer cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom