Mercedes to Build Pickup Truck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
1st Spy shots:

mercedes-glt-spy-photo.jpg

I hope it gets produced with the suede dashboard!

My work car is a Nissan pick up, and I'm hoping the Merc is affordable when it comes out :)

VW Amaroks are beautiful, desperately trying to persuade the managing directors to bring them in as our company vehicles for one of the sectors

I saw one of our regional managers had one at the sister office the other day, and it looks a lot more luxurious than a Navara. Haven't seen inside the latest Warriors or Rangers, Warrior exterior looks hideous

Are you getting mixed up with the Volkswagon Taro, from 1989?
Or are you saying the Amarok is a Toyota?

Russ

Defo not a Toyota..
Toyota is regarded as reliable you know??

SPX said:
That front end looks very very similar to the new Nissan Navara.

It is the Navara! It's a joint venture. Renault are using it for their Alaskan pick up next year as well, and if that's anything like the marketing vehicle I saw in town at Christmas then I'd buy my first Renault, it was lovely.

Let's hope it doesn't share the engine from the old Navara or the headlights from the Amorak!!

I'm amazed it took ze Germans so long to click on to this market, especially Mercedes who have a massive commercial operation.

I'm amazed it took ze Germans so long to click on to this market, especially Mercedes who have a massive commercial operation.

Pickup truck (like the Navara) are not used in Europe so much.

Go to Germany and you'll see more trucks like the Sprinter above

Talking to a dealer this week there a bit of an argument going on at the moment as to where it will be sold from as some want it sold through retail forecourts and marketed along the line of a luxury car where as others believe it should be marketed as a commercial vehicle. He explained the thinking that as its going to be more luxurious than others on the market MB didn't want it sold from commercial dealerships that are literally no more than a forecourt and a portakabin as they thought it would tarnish the image of the pick up.

Pickup truck (like the Navara) are not used in Europe so much.

Massive in the UK and the U.S. though, the Japs have been given a free run in essence (obviously not in the US with Ford, GM etc)

He explained the thinking that as its going to be more luxurious than others on the market MB didn't want it sold from commercial dealerships that are literally no more than a forecourt and a portakabin as they thought it would tarnish the image of the pick up.

Not sure where that type of commercial dealership is but the ones I've been in are indistinguishable from the car side.

Not sure where that type of commercial dealership is but the ones I've been in are indistinguishable from the car side.

I did wonder that as I hadn't seen any like he described.

Massive in the UK and the U.S. though, the Japs have been given a free run in essence (obviously not in the US with Ford, GM etc)

Can't beat a hilux pick up truck ,everything else is just wannabees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom