Mercedes to Revise the AMG Logo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Apparently a slightly revised logo is to be released, not sure when, anyone know?

Old
AMG-Logo_zps9af6836d.jpg

New
AMG_Mercedes_zps6e5fc1a9.png

I'm struggling to attach any great significance to this announcement.

I'm struggling to attach any great significance to this announcement.

The new one is more contemporary, dynamic, greener and thrusting. Innit.

Possibly.

Just a shame you can't actually buy the bloody cars...:wallbash:

It was changed back in 2009!

New vs Old AMG Logo - MBWorld.org Forums

AMG Private Lounge Members,

As many of you have noticed, Mercedes-AMG has re-designed the AMG logo.

In an exciting move, AMG is now being recognized as the fourth brand within the Mercedes-Benz cars group, right beside Mercedes-Benz, Maybach and smart. With this new positioning, we have created a new brand identity. The new brand identity of AMG is confident, sovereign and also it´s a perfect consensus between integration and differentiation within Mercedes Benz Cars.

The new brand identity is characterized by a pure look, valuable brand appearance and appealing headlines. This way AMG achieves a high attention and brand awareness.

In this context the "white space" plays a vital role. In order to focus all attention on our product, it is presented in a white environment. Clear focus on the essential. Without distraction.

This maximum product staging is combined with striking communication. With the choice of Corpo A as font, Mercedes-Benz is always visualized and we achieve maximum recognition. Furthermore we have adapted the AMG logo slightly: the new "A" closes the visual gap and makes the logo more emblematic. This will strengthen the visual brand identity.

The interaction of the three elements product = emotion, communication = typography and white = space gives our brand its independent, concise and unique character. Exactly what distinguishes any of our vehicles.

Warmest Regards,
AMG Information

Last edited:
Remember a 2010 model is actually from the year before. eg: you can buy a 2013 car now.

+ Alot of badges still in the Affalterbach parts bin no doubt!

I asked the question as a member in the Private Lounge stated he was waiting for the new style logo to be issued before adorning his shifter with one (as I did recently)

I thought it might be amusing to pass that text through a few languages in google translator, but after 8 different languages what finally came back in English actually made much more sense than the original.

Nah, lost me there, can we keep to english please?

Cue the Capilalization Police ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom