Mercedes Trye Dressing Brand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

erdnase

Car
E Class Coupe 2016
Had my car serviced last week and noticed the Mercedes Main dealer had used some sort of tyre dressing or restorer on my tyres wondered what brand they use.

Had my car serviced last week and noticed the Mercedes Main dealer had used some sort of tyre dressing or restorer on my tyres wondered what brand they use.

I imagine that would change from one dealer to another.

And likely they buy the stuff by the gallon rather than in retail packaging.

The last time my car was serviced at my local dealer they were asked ,as usual, not to wash it as it had been cleaned the day before. They must have noticed that I hadn't dressed the tyres so, in all fairness, they slapped on whatever they use and the tyres looked OK.I then drove it home , 25 miles, and when I got out of the car the lower half was absolutely plastered in excess dressing which had been thrown off the tyres as I drove home. It took me about half an hour to get it all off the car. Next time , no wash please , and definitely no tyre dressing.

It'll more than likely be autosmart with dealer ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reading a few reviews I was think 3M tyre dressing anybody tried it?

Autoglym applied with a brush is ok, but I'm still looking for that dealer type look, without success so far.

Tyre Silk keeps winning the Auto Express award so I bought some and thought it was decidedly average :(.

I've tried quite a few different dressings over the years and the latest is a Megulars , problem with all of them is that they leave dark streaks all over my drive. Someone else on this forum suggested shoe polish in the foam applicator tube , tried it and seems to work quite well , nice semi matt finish and no streaks on my drive.:thumb:

I use kkd tyresol applied with an thin applicator it leaves odd mark on the drive but washes right off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It Is Autosmart in Manchester.

Had the Valeters give me some to try. They put it in a pop bottle and it resembles "truckers tizer". Then I bought it in gallons from the local representative.

I apply wIth paintbrush and leave it overnight. Trick it's to clean the tyre properly prior to application and put a piece of cardboard on the ground to stop getting it on the driveway.

Finish Kare Top Kote Tire Dressing gets good reviews and think I'll order it up, seems it also has other uses as well

Apply with a the sponge side of a washing up scourer thing (is what I do)
20 for a quid in a local store. Good with cream or the AG spray applied to it.

No marks on drive
One does all 4 tyres

Perhaps you should ask the dealership which product they use.:thumb:

Can't say what the dealers use but probably some kinda of bulk generic stuff they paint on.

I tend to just use Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel which you can either apply generously to give you a really high shine or if not it just blackens the tyres nicely.

I just recommend getting a proper tyre gel applicator as it's so much easier to apply an even coating.

Not going to get involved in which is the best tyre dressing as everyone has their own preferences, but for applying it, you won't go far wrong with THESE, especially at the price.

I bought 24 of them and, whilst I wouldn't use them on the paintwork, they're ideal for stuff like tyres, hubs, exhausts and all those other bits you don't want to use anything decent on. :)

Did look at those. Is the holder do a good job? I'd already ordered a "puck" and dimpled foam applicator, so looking forward to giving that a go with Auto Finesse Gloss on the wheels tomorrow

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Don't buy the Simonize (?sp) Tyre dressing that comes in a green plastic spray bottle.

I put some on a week ago, used the car on Sunday and I have a black spray down each flank behind the front and rear tyres.:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom