Mercedes tyres do they have to be MO, etc?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Same size as my e350 . Contis are horrid when at 1/2 to 1/4 tread . Rock hard and in the wet ,terrible. There are plenty of other tyres to choose from in those sizes tbh.

The Continental website matches your tyre sizes to the 5P (in MO fitment) and 6 (with no mention of manufacturer homologation).

The big online tyre retailers all seem to list them too so it all points towards them still being available, could be wrong though.

Let me guess: independent tyre dealer recommending mid-range tyre brand instead, which just happens to match the great big banner on the wall?
Hi , not far off the mark !

Interesting. I’ve just joined Costco since with the £40 off two PS4s they were by far the cheapest supplier.

Thought I was getting the right ones selecting MO1 however have just had a call to say these are for 4wd and need to be replaced in fours?! They do have some of the ‘normal’ PS4s in the same size in stock which they can fit instead.

waiting for the discussion about fitting on the back…good luck with a staggered setup!

MO1 is AMG but can be fitted to any vehicle as long as the other specs (load and speed ratings) are correct.

Another site says…

MO1
Mercedes SL65 AMG only.
I have MO1 Pilot Sport 4 S on my ML and Michelin confirmed that they would be fine. Incredible tyres by the way. Delighted with them.

Oh FFS.

Talking to Costco is like banging my head against a brick wall. Will only fit the MO1 tyres in sets of 4 due to compound difference etc. However, Michelin dont actually do MO fitment for my back tyre size!

Standard it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom