Mercedes Used Car website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
It looks as if MB have updated their used car search site. It looks as if you can no longer search for a car more than a hundred miles from your location.:mad:
The old format was much more user friendly.

The old site wouldn't let you search without a postcode,the new one will, so will do a national search.Sorted

Last edited:
Was just about to say, leave postcode blank. Got to say after ten minutes of tearing my hair out its actually a refreshing upgrade. Allowing us to refine the search a little more. Still not as good as autotrader though, a simple keyword entry would be nice

Cheers mate
I noted that as well today.
Could it be that they want people in the south to pay more?
When i was looking for MB recently, Scotland had the cheapest ex demo. pre reg.

MSG2004 said:
Cheers mate I noted that as well today. Could it be that they want people in the south to pay more? When i was looking for MB recently, Scotland had the cheapest ex demo. pre reg.

Not sure on their tactics. Had to refresh the page a few times as I thought I was on the wrong site! The cars popping up that I'm interested in are all really far away, Newcastle and upwards, or down in Portsmouth. However distance doesn't put me off for the right one, I could then make a day of it! :thumb:

Was just about to say, leave postcode blank. Got to say after ten minutes of tearing my hair out its actually a refreshing upgrade. Allowing us to refine the search a little more. Still not as good as autotrader though, a simple keyword entry would be nice
In which part it's allowing to refine search better than old version? In my opinion it's awful and has limited search criteria that can be chosen.

I guess it's designed for tablet generation with big pictures and minimal information. Now I have to click on the car to find out what's the colour of interior. Previously I could see it in car description.

BTW, There's a keyword entry at the bottom. Also, all old links online are broken now so you have to search for the car manually again. The only good thing about it is that it will discourage me from looking for car I don't need and I will save money.

Last edited:
PenelopePitstop said:
In which part it's allowing to refine search better than old version? In my opinion it's awful and has limited search criteria that can be chosen. I guess it's designed for tablet generation with big pictures and minimal information. Now I have to click on the car to find out what's the colour of interior. Previously I could see it in car description. BTW, There's a keyword entry at the bottom. Also, all old links online are broken now so you have to search for the car manually again. The only good thing about it is that it will discourage me from looking for car I don't need and I will save money.

Mainly because you can select AMG variants and not have to scroll past hundreds of SE's and Sports

There's a drop down in 'settings' I believe where you can refine the interior elements, took me a while but it is actually really good once gotten used to

I was using engine size to find all AMG but this option is gone now. Or trim lever to choose AMG line. List of interior elements is half of the previous one. For example no Airscarf (SLK or SL). I probably spent too much time on this website and knew it too well, so I see the difference and missing elements.

But as I wrote, maybe it's a good thing, I will refrain from browsing it.

maybe it's a good thing, I will refrain from browsing it.

I used to search for "E" Coupe with 19" alloys , can't see the option to choose alloy sizes on the new page.

maybe it's a good thing, I will refrain from browsing it

Not sure on their tactics. Had to refresh the page a few times as I thought I was on the wrong site! The cars popping up that I'm interested in are all really far away, Newcastle and upwards, or down in Portsmouth. However distance doesn't put me off for the right one, I could then make a day of it! :thumb:

I too thought i was on the wrong site.
No, distance does not put me of either.
I was going to buy a pre reg ML with del miles from Aberdeen and i like in Kent.
Bought GLE from dealer in the north of the Midlands.

Mercedes fall way below what we should expect. There should be options for...

...Engine Size...

...Sunroof/Panoramic Roof...

...Heated/Chilled Seats...

...Radio Upgrade/Harman Kardon/etc...

...Memory Seats/Pneumatic Lumbar Support...

...Wheel Size...

...Xenon/LED Lighting Systems...

And any other major option.

Why shouldn't we be able to specify the exact car we want? We can (almost) on Autotrader, yet Mercedes website has always been unfriendly when trying to find the exact car you want.

I find it ironic that one thing I always used, the engine size, has now disappeared, so when searching for CLS's, I am presented with all the CLS220CDI's before seeing a CLS350CDI.

On the old site I just selected "over 5.4 litre".

Surely there's nothing else worth looking at:dk:.

Yes, yes, I'm joking :D

I live in Gloucestershire and found my car in Carlisle. it was a syntner Group car so Bristol brought it down for me. Sorted!

I still can't see why they can't give us a full list of options. After all, they do when selling us a car.

For me, its a cop out. One of the biggest manufacturers in the world has a used car interface that is second rate.

Do MB do used cars too..... wow. I never knew

That's how I was searching for AMG cars :)

Now you can use keyword at the bottom.
Or just use the AMG tab?

BTW, you used to be able to search just AMG cars on the old site if you clicked the AMG logo on the top right of the panel that had all the models silhouettes.

I think the new layout has the advantage of visual simplicity, but the absence of good search filters is baffling. Typical of a site that was developed by someone guessing what's needed by the typical user rather than actually creating what the user needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom