Mercedes Valuation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The lower the monthly the higher the initial deposit - you can’t beat the maths.

I look to buy a car outright for a few hundred pounds and run it indefinitely - not throw hundreds of pounds down the drain every month and have nothing to show for it .

That's you.

There are many other people - with different interests, needs, and circumstances - who place a different value on having a newer car - and want a warranty.

They are not you.

That's you.

There are many other people - with different interests, needs, and circumstances - who place a different value on having a newer car - and want a warranty.

They are not you.
And I am not them .

The lower the monthly the higher the initial deposit - you can’t beat the maths.

Actually the leasing market sometimes doesn't seem to always use the obvious rules.

You can get bizarre pricing anomalies where a car is cheaper over a short lease term than a longer one - or where a better model is cheaper than its lower spec sibling.

I can see that happening if the lease co gets a good supply deal

Is a 2013 model not bluefficiency rather than bluetec?

EU5 vs EU6

Going to become more important over the next few years with regard to more stealth taxes I expect.

Bluetec is the Adblue Euro 6 version.

Ive worked out if I accept their offer of £10,500 my car has lost £263 per month in depreciation plus £30 per month Mercedes service pack.

Ive worked out if I accept their offer of £10,500 my car has lost £263 per month in depreciation plus £30 per month Mercedes service pack.
Which is about what you’d pay (ie lose) on a PCP, if not less

so I’d say you are on to a winner...

the service plan is irrelevant becUse you can either transfer the remaining credit or ask for it back. You did read the terms before you signed didn’t you?

Have you tried putting the reg into the TFL ULEZ checker to confirm? I thought the E class only became EU6 in 2015 onwards.

Would be a lot of car for someone at £10k but at the end of the day you can get the new shape E class estate W213 2017 on models from £18k at a main dealer currently so seems unlikely anyone would pay £15k for the previous model and a 4 year older car.

It was a three year service pack, I planned to part exchange the car in the fourth year.

I put my E Class into WBAC last night just to see if they were buying cars again and lo and behold they offered to buy it from me. They did say they were only buying in some locations so maybe I was lucky.

Ive just read up on the Euro6 Bluetec and from what I can make out all E Class V6 diesel Bluetec engines are Euro6, but the four cylinder diesels only became compliant after September 2015 even the E300 Hybrid Bluetec according to a fleet manager who had to register cars for the London congestion charge.

Would be a lot of car for someone at £10k but at the end of the day you can get the new shape E class estate W213 2017 on models from £18k at a main dealer currently so seems unlikely anyone would pay £15k for the previous model and a 4 year older car.
Not the V6 Diesel version, In my opinion the E220d is not in the same league as the E350d, you're looking at £26,000 for an E350d estate AMG line.

Just been to a Mercedes dealer in my 2013 Facelift E350 Bluetec Estate 52,000 showroom condition and full service history to enquire about part exchanging it against a newer car.
Their valuation £10,500.
I walked away thinking they'd have it for sale for £14,995 all day long.
I remember now why I don't like car dealerships and why I preferred to lease a new car.
They almost certainly wouldn’t retail a 7 year old car, they would pass it in in the trade. If the valuation was quick then they will be taking a risk and so offered lower. If the valuation took a while then it will be based upon offers from the trade.

Would you mind me asking how much you paid for it, where you bought it from (main dealer, independent dealer, private), how old it was when you bought it, how many miles it had covered when you bought it, and how many miles you’ve covered?

Depending upon the answers to those questions you may have been offered the deal of the century.

I look to buy a car outright for a few hundred pounds and run it indefinitely - not throw hundreds of pounds down the drain every month and have nothing to show for it .
That's because you are willing to suffer old clunkers.

Bearing in mind the cost it will take to ready the car for sale, to fund a warranty and the VAT on any profit, with unknown demand for a 7 year old diesel, which is approaching the end of its economic life, what you do think would be an appropriate P/X value?

How is a low miles 2013 Mercedes approaching the end of its economic life?

Import tax on new cars 10% +VAR from Europe...This should put up the value of decent 2nd hand cars....but and its a big but...who will still have a job as time goes by...could be a glut of decent 2nd hand cars up for desperate sale as food come 1st

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom