Mercedes Vito W639 a/c issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christosfazer

Car
Mercedes Vito 109cdi MY2008
Hello to all,
I came back with another question!About two months ago during the maintenance i have a/c circuit refilled!While testing the a/c had a gas leakge about 0.2mbar which was ok for the lead tech so we procced with the gas refill
Today with ambient temp 38Celcious i realized that my ac ON THE DRIVER SIDE was blowing not cold air and ON THE PASSENGER SIDE the air was colder!I stopped the car and i touched the ac hose and it was worm :(

My car has an error which saying:B1001-007 which is about the cabin PTC internal sensor (M9b1)
Do you believe that this error can be the reason for not blowing cold air my ac?
Can this sensor avoid the ac compessor for starting?
If i put a 120ohm resistance on the sensor cables and the ac ecu can read a 50 deg of celcious may the ac compresor starts?

Thanks in advance,
Christos

Unfortunately its a gas leakage!I have to find the leakage point!I suspect the o-rings on low pressure side

Take it to ATS and ask them to pressurise with inert gas.
On mine it was the condensor that the machine had missed.

There's another current thread about this - £280 for a new condenser in mine:

How much did the condensor cost?

After market £67.71, ATS recharge £59. Fitted by self last September.
There's a bit of work with removal of bumper, removal of various rad's, and top up of coolant later.
In truth maybe I should have replaced the pressure sensor as it's likely original.

I just replaced the o rings on high pressure side and then i rechecked the system with vacum!No leakage for me after this!I will remain to see if there is any gas leakage again

If you go for he recharge you might like to include the uv dye.
But before using the uv torch to identify a leak you may have to clean potential leak spots to ensure you aren't seeing previous dye.

Hopefully it isn't needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom