MERCEDES VITO W639 STEERING WHEEL COLUMN LOCK MODULE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christosfazer

Car
Mercedes Vito 109cdi MY2008
Hello and merry Christmas to all,
I have heard twice a noise from.inside the steering wheel while trying to unlock the wheel...
It sounds like the actuator has no power to unlock the steering wheel!
I found this mb code A0375456132

Is it needed any reprogram after this spare part replacement?

Is it anyway to clean the ignition lock?

Thanks in advance

Hello and merry Christmas to all,
I have heard twice a noise from.inside the steering wheel while trying to unlock the wheel...
It sounds like the actuator has no power to unlock the steering wheel!
I found this mb code A0375456132

Is it needed any reprogram after this spare part replacement?

Is it anyway to clean the ignition lock?

Thanks in advance

Fwiw I also had this problem on my 250k miles Vito639.
My steering lock actuator A0375456132 has stopped being powerful enough to unlock the steering column IF THERE IS ANY RESISTANCE AGAINST THE LOCKPEG. -It works fine still, if the steering column is unpressured, so it is now second nature for me to check my steering wheel before inserting the key (and holding the steering wheel "off the lockpeg", if I find it is loaded against the stop).
I hope that ^ makes sense to you.? :dk:

WARNING.: If you attempt to insert the key, and the actuator fails to operate a number of times in a row, it will shut down the starter circuit.!!

I actually brought myself an A0375456132 from a very low mileage salvage Vito when this first occurred, however I was told that the Vito would need to be re-programmed to accept it.
I have removed & reinstalled my failing module a number of times, and the process was fairly straightforward, albeit fiddly, iirc)

Hth

Fwiw I also had this problem on my 250k miles Vito639.
My steering lock actuator A0375456132 has stopped being powerful enough to unlock the steering column IF THERE IS ANY RESISTANCE AGAINST THE LOCKPEG. -It works fine still, if the steering column is unpressured, so it is now second nature for me to check my steering wheel before inserting the key (and holding the steering wheel "off the lockpeg", if I find it is loaded against the stop).
I hope that ^ makes sense to you.? :dk:

WARNING.: If you attempt to insert the key, and the actuator fails to operate a number of times in a row, it will shut down the starter circuit.!!

I actually brought myself an A0375456132 from a very low mileage salvage Vito when this first occurred, however I was told that the Vito would need to be re-programmed to accept it.
I have removed & reinstalled my failing module a number of times, and the process was fairly straightforward, albeit fiddly, iirc)

Hth
Good morning and thanks for the quick reply!!
I have the same issue!If the steering wheel is unpressed everything works fine!
Have you ever tried the bypass method?

Good morning and thanks for the quick reply!!
I have the same issue!If the steering wheel is unpressed everything works fine!
Have you ever tried the bypass method?
I'm afraid I have no idea what the "Bypass method" is, so I presume my answer must be ; No. ?

It works just fine, so long as I ensure each time that the column lock is unpressured before I insert my key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom