Mercedes Vito warranty??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying start

Car
Vito
Hi all not sure if this is in the right place but need some help and info

Picked up my compact Vito 110 2011 plate on Friday

Happy with it but there's a problem with down shifting

When coming to a junction or any slowing down for that matter I'll drop the gears say from 4th to 3rd and I release the cluch I get a loud Bering sound

And also when I down shift from 3rd to 2nd its probably the loudest I've had a mechanic at my work drive it and he says there's defiantly something wrong

Like there's a Bering spinning or something I've only had the van since friday 4:00pm the van is still under manufactures warranty but will they sort something like this on warranty never had to deal with something like this...

Where do I stand I'm going to take the van Bach to where I bought it tomorrow see what they say...

It's a main dealer where I bought it (ciceley in Carlisle)

Depends on whether or not they say the bearing noise is from wear and tear BUT seeing as you have only just got the van, they might be helpful…..should he helpful.

See what they diagnose and what they offer…….you have only done a few miles in a few days so they should be reasonable. Good luck.

Yep, back to the dealer.

Vans booked in Thursday morning so ill see what they have to say

Also told them about the electric window switch that lifts right off when trying to put the window up and the n/s sliding door stays looked..

Hopefully wil all get sorted

How did you get on with MB today ?? Hopefully they have agreed to sort everything out for you

Keep us posted

Nick

Well just got back in the country Thursday as I've been to Barbados :)

Anyway took the van in Friday before I went, then they rang me up saying we've missed sold you the van as there's no warranty on the van(manufactures) so they put 12month on for me....

So went to see them yesterday and van has been fixed turns out that the bearings in the gearbox where on there way out, so new bearings and a new shaft and a flywheel.. Vito now sounds like it should with no wining on down shifts and it's all been sorted on the warranty so I'm a happy man :) was getting a bit worried just in case they didn't fix it free of charge, or it would of been a fight to get my money back as I only did 60-80 miles in it before this.... Well all is good now so back on track with finding out what mods I can fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom