mercedes vito water pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang

Car
ml 270 brabus d4,
hi all . i have a merc vito 108cdi 2000. have just unbolted the water pump and want to remove it to replace as it was leaking from the pulley. however i cannot get it out ?? is the easiest way to remove the crank pulley ? if so which way does the crank pulley bolt thread on ? any other suggestions would be great.

thanks

I can ever rember any of our techs removing a crank pully to remove a waterpump. Altho on some jobs it can has been easier to put on a two poster ramp un bolt engine and sub frame etc and lift the van away from the engine/subframe as its a tight engine bay.
But been a while since we done any,
Oh if u haven got the pump yet try a dealer on CDi water pumps our prices arnt bad and its been know for us to be cheaper then factors, and a genuine MB pump has 2years parts warranty

its seems so tight . there is no way currently to get it out unless i remove the crank pulley or another piece of engine above the water pump. has soild metal pipes going into it so dont want the grief of gaskets etc for other components. am i missing a trick ? engine mount is off . have tried to gently lift the engine up and down and still its trapped from getting out . cant see how else to pull it out ?? have looked at a pump off ebay for £37.50 as the van is old and done 164 k . looking at replacing it in the next 2 yrs so the less i spend the better . how much is one from main dealer ?

Iirc a dealer one is 50-70

The tensioner needs to come of. The top mount off. The mount bolted to the side comes out with three bolts under the wing. The tensioner accessed from the bottom. The high pressure pump has to come of (careful here the pipes are delicate)After the tensioner is out the pump wiggles upwards and out. Only gasket needed is the new water pump one. Crank pulley stays on. Thats what i remember , let me know if anything else is in the way.

Take pulley of water pump too. In fact leave tensioner on. Just remove WP pulley.pop the cap of an unscrew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom