Mercedes W124 260E Water pump failure after 4000 miles .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
After 4 years putting up with the coolant loss .As i posted before i am now 1/2 through fitting a new coolant pump . Reason for the leak, was the play in the bearing ,and this in turn allowed the water to pass the seal . I also found V- ribbed belt tensioner was also looking un servicable along with the bearing inside the tensioner pul;ley was worn .Same as the pump . Thes parts were form the same maker of German car parts . This time it was harder to remove the bolts .Because i made sure everything was thyread locked the last time i did it -not a good idea second time around lol .

Loctite comes in several different forms depending on application, can't remember the numbers but red is for more permanent fixing and generally requires heat to get stuff undone. Blue is less permanent and can be undone without heat using just hand tools.

Trickythemerc I used some thread lock i had in my garage thinking i would not have to change it again . So wrong i was . Bad news for the maker i know i will turn others of this maker if i can ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom