Mercedes W124 300TD For Sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iben

Mercedes W124 300TD Straight 6 12V 3Litre non-turbo Diesel (Year of Manufacture 1993)

I've had this car for over three years and she's been a pleasure to own and drive
240,000 miles and 19 years old.
Rust appearing on wings as is the norm for these old W124 but I've been advised its only cosmetic and not structural. Very occasional fault on Central Locking, where pressing the button on the alarm fob doesn't lock the doors or close the sunroof, usually clears itself within a few minutes and 99% of the time works fine.
Everything else works 100%, even the Headlight wipers.

Fine as a family run about. Has 7 seats, all the rear cargo net and cover. I also have original Mercedes roof bars for the car which will come with it and a handbook. It even has the original Mercedes first aid kit.

Serviced and Maintained by reputed Mercedes expert - H A Lock of Rushden.
Had the rear spheres replaced late last year and a new wheel bearing and oil / filters replaced April. Copies of invoices available. New win screen was fitted late last year due to stone chips (November I think). 5 Good Tyres fitted to steel wheels.
Used daily as my main transportion but with my present mileage for my work have decided to get some thing newer. Never brought her as a work horse in the first place but for more of a Sunday drive etc.
Easy to drive and very comfortable with a lovely ride

I know I'll regret selling her, I love the old girl but in todays financial climate can't justify keeping her as a toy. My wife can't drive so she will be surplus to requirements most of the time and just sit on the drive.

Taxed until 07/12 with MOT until 22/10/2012
V5 etc all available and H A Lock can confirm the servicing and maintenance carried out over the past three years or so.

£1500 ono

Attachments

• MercedesW124.jpg
    MercedesW124.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 373
I have been advised that the W124 Straight 6 Diesel is a rare old beast and that they can fetch up to 2K. However, a wise old salemans once told me that something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.
The old girl will end up on a famous auction site within a couple of weeks, but I would prefer a Merc Enthusiast gave her a good home - so if you want a good to go W124 make me an offer.
:dk:

No offers and Part/Ex was silly money, I've spent more on meals out. The old girl is now SORN and securely tucked away in a good friends garage whilst I decide what to do with her.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom