Mercedes W124 Anti theft Star emblem .Ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
The reason i need one of these emblems is - every year i take the car off the road and use a car cover .Each time i have to remove the original Star Emblem . The star retainer is looking very rough by now .

Well its a bit of a fiddle to get the emblem out .And to replace it .This year i made my mind up to pick up an antitheft Star emblem .The seller is in Spain but ships to uk .Price £100 + £10 postage .Quality is as good if not better than the original star emblems . Seller said the main star was from Mercedes with the mod on the botom made by another company .If interested i can direct you to sellers ebay site. I was a bit worried it could be rubbish.. but no, it very good quallity ,,and not like the trashkiki.jpg potrr.jpg kiki.jpg potrr.jpg you can get .,,

But the original star was easily removed. You just push down and twist it and it would come out. Similar to what you posted

W124e250TD No sorry,my friend , it did not,, well not on any genuine Ster on the Mercedes W124 . To remove them you do it just from inside the bonnet with a large pair of long nose pliers unless it was fitted afterwards like the one i have just purchased. If you pull them you might rip the star part off and then base stops there .Unless the small retainer holding it all tgether comes out,, then the retainer will fall inside the engine compartment.I have took mine off for the last 6 years so i do know how to by now. The cheap as chips type have a turn buckle on the base and its a lot better to fit and remove.

Maybe, I'll post some pics tomorrow.

My Merc was originally bought in Italy. It might have a aftermarket emblem.

And could you please post some pics of your new emblem installed

Yes you do that,, and if it is that you can push it in and and twist and turn it then its may be an original mercedes emblem not fitted as standard .

W124DSC04074.JPG not able to,, the car is under wraps for the winter its been covered up since last November the 4 th .But as soon as it gets nice i will go out and install it for you with pictures .

Sorry had a busy day and need to use a computer to upload the pictures. I will try tomorrow.

W124E250TD Not a problem , . Would anyone else on the forum know if they are fitted from new .Or not . But i am speaking about the W124 .I looked on Ebay , and other parts sites and found nothing like them . And the aftrmarket i purchased from Spain was the only one .

Here are some pictures of my emblem, I'm missing the star because someone robbed it before I found out how to remove it.
The second picture is what remains of the star, and is the bit you can remove by pushing down and rotating 90 degrees.

IMG_20200229_154735__01.jpeg IMG_20200229_154811__01.jpeg

IMG_20200229_154525.jpeg IMG_20200229_154552.jpeg

W124 Yes it looks like the one you have is blue with Mercedes on it ,,but that is for the bonnet fixing . The plain chrome base ones are to fit the radiator chrome surround. If you look to see if the part you have in your hand has the Star emblem on it or anything to say its Genuine Mercedes ?

Mr Greedy hope you asked for the blue type with Maecedes on it .The plain chrome ones are not for the bonnet ,Are you having it from Spain?

W124 Yes it looks like the one you have is blue with Mercedes on it ,,but that is for the bonnet fixing . The plain chrome base ones are to fit the radiator chrome surround. If you look to see if the part you have in your hand has the Star emblem on it or anything to say its Genuine Mercedes ?
If got a facelift model so the star isn't fitted into the crime grill surrounding.

I'm pretty sure that it it a original. And it might be something specific to Italian W124.

My car needs one on the bonnet, and I asked the seller which one I should buy for the bonnet. The seller gave me a listing number so I bought that one (it does have a blue wreath at the base, which is fine by me) as it will not look out of place with the star removed, but the existing one is just plain chrome.

Mc Greeddy you wont know untill it shows up .Hope its what you want . I do think it will be hard to get the 4 screws in the base of this antitheft star looking at it .I might have to use super glue to hold them on to the screw driver to get them started .

Just to confirm, the car in my current profile pic is my old w203 that I no longer have.
I now have a w212 E350 that comes with the silver star and plain chrome base, like the picture in post #1.
However, I wanted a base with the blue laurel leaf, as when the star is removed, it looks less like there is something missing.
Yes, it now looks a tiny bit odd to the well-train eye of a Mercedes aficionado, but I needed to make a choice one way or the other, and my personal preference was the double blue laurel leaf look. I'll retain the old (and well past it's best) star for any potential new owner should I decide to sell the w212 in the distant future.
I can also confirm these are top notch quality and look totally OEM.
I wonder if on the continent, these are a factory or genuine Merc aftermarket option?

20200306_163051reduced.jpg 20200306_163059reduced.jpg 20200306_163118reduced.jpg 20200306_163131reduced.jpg

Having had a look at the images, I now have the urge to replace the less well presented blue laurel emblem on the radiator grill, and it's also quite noticeable close up just how many tiny stone chips I have on the bonnet.

I'll get an orbital polisher at some point and see how some hexlogic pads and some decent wax to follow will sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom