Mercedes W124 CE300 Auto Pillarless Coupe with HUGE spec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really sorry to hear what a state it was in, when I bought my W124 E220 coupe a couple of years ago it looked rusty. But fine. Engine was noisy but it drove better than my W202. Later I found out it was in bad enough condition to warrant scrapping! And the seller originally wanted £3000 for it with 160000 miles on it! And the description said it was in VGC. Seems you really need to give a car a thorough going-over before buying it, and you shouldn't believe a word of what the seller says until you've seen it with your own eyes. Shame you almost need to be paranoid when buying a car, but you do. Good luck with yours, looks a hell of a lot nicer than mine was (sold to 3 Polish men in Oct)(yours is convertible, for a start!) and these are great cars. It'll all be worth it when you've brought it back to health, trust me!

Well done Billy, although there was nothing in the thread to send alarm bells ringing!

I would always buy bits like top mounts from Mercedes. They're not expensive

Nick Froome

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Billy, although there was nothing in the thread to send alarm bells ringing!

Lol, there was......the price in that ad on piston heads!

Thanks, Guys. Very interesting to read that previous thread.

Now that the brakes are sorted out and I've established where the clonking is coming from on the OSF suspension the next thing will be to sort out the steering which is stiff and 'horrible'. Nothing like the steering on my W124 230 CE which beautifully weighted, smooth and precise.

I don't think I can be bothered with this car anymore!

If anyone wants to make me an offer on it? At least now it's got six months tax on it....and brakes that actually work!

Otherwise I'm going to scrap it as it'll be worth more in parts!

I'd be interested in bringing it up to scratch....

Ring me on 07599 887 236 to discuss

Ah mate.. Dnt give up?

Obviously if its beyond feasable and you have considered it all through and left with your conclusion above, I may have an option for you that may or may not suit you.

I'd like to discuss your situation, You can call us on 07984802056.

Cheers Billy.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It's not that it's beyond feasible but...it's just that I have six other cars one of which is my W124 230 CE which I'm trying to get up to scratch. I really only bought this 300 CE as a 'stop gap' which I hoped to use whislt my 230CE was going to go in for its body and paintwork.

From the description in that Ebay ad I was hoping I'd have little or nothing to sort out on it and then when the time came because of the high-spec and the way it was described that I'd easily be able to just sell it again. Now what's happening instead is that this car is just taking up all my time and money instead. Last weekend I spent the whole weekend just cleaning the interior because it was filthy.

Feels like the last straw today when I've spent all day just taking the rear sunblind out and trying to figure out why it won't retract (please see my post in the 'Interior' section on this forum). At the moment I have that out in bits on my desk and half the rear interior out all over the floor in my garage!

Thanks guys. It's not that it's beyond feasible but...it's just that I have six other cars one of which is my W124 230 CE which I'm trying to get up to scratch. I really only bought this 300 CE as a 'stop gap' which I hoped to use whislt my 230CE was going to go in for its body and paintwork.

From the description in that Ebay ad I was hoping I'd have little or nothing to sort out on it and then when the time came because of the high-spec and the way it was described that I'd easily be able to just sell it again. Now what's happening instead is that this car is just taking up all my time and money instead. Last weekend I spent the whole weekend just cleaning the interior because it was filthy.

Feels like the last straw today when I've spent all day just taking the rear sunblind out and trying to figure out why it won't retract (please see my post in the 'Interior' section on this forum). At the moment I have that out in bits on my desk and half the rear interior out all over the floor in my garage!

Depending on what you decide, there are a couple of bits that i would defo want from it (interior wise) should you sell off for parts.

Did you buy it sight unseen?

Yep Neil! :doh:

Done it several times before and never really been too disappointed...but this is the last time I'm ever doing that!

Any future purchases will be inspected with a fine toothcomb!

Thanks Billy and Peg0r...I'll let you know once I've 'calmed down'!

Have now spent the whole day on the rear blind...and I 'think' I've fixed it! Now getting too dark to put the interior together again but at least now with the shelf out I can give that a proper clean this evening and hopefully put it all back together again tomorrow.

No Worries

I'd be looking to keep the car in one piece and 'keep going' with the work.

Thanks

Very impressive work indeed hats off mate :thumb: How did you get the leather looking soo matte ?

Very impressive work indeed hats off mate :thumb: How did you get the leather looking soo matte ?

It was professionally done at Bespoke Leathering in Birmingham
(www.bespokeleathering.com). If you check out the Morea Green BMW E36 Cabrio on my website there's another example of his very good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom