MERCEDES W124 CHASSIS E220 PETROL UNKNOWN SOCKET

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rushikesh

Car
e220 w124
What socket is this ? what is it even used for ? It is there on left side near battery on my mercedes benz e220 petrol W124 chassis.
Thankyou in adavance :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 12.15.33 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-04-24 at 12.15.34 PM.jpeg

Its normally a switch/plug for adjusting ignition timing for fuel octane rating in different countries -the plug contains different resistors which are brought into play depending how the plug is inserted into the socket. WHICH ENGINE HAVE YOU GOT EXACTLY

I have engine M111.960 4cylinder
Now how do I plug it in without changing the setting :(
Any marking on the connector which will help ?

SHOULD BE SOMETHING LIKE THIS unfortunately the m111 engine in european trim did not have tthis device so can't help with the settings -sorry
EZL.jpg

Thanks for that man.

Last edited:
Isn't Germany in Europe?

Other possibility is its simply a dummy load resistor in place of a component thats not fitted to fool the ECU? don't recall anything like that on my old e220 coupe - the ignition trim plug is normally associated with the earlier m102 ezl ignition single cam 230 engine?
have you a picture of the top of the plug and engine compartment?

Same here .. Grober gave you just the same information that i have . My book is for all model W124 but will not say if there is and differnce in M102 or the M103 settings fior this trimmer .. just set it for premium fuel

rushikesh, it just so happens I have the same device sitting next to me still with it's lead seal intact. The setting will depend on the octane rating you get in India but the UK setting should be: With the unit in front of you and the plug connector at the bottom, position 7 marked on the cap should be pointing straight up. The unit I have came from a 1995 E220TE for ref'. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom