MERCEDES W124 E320 CABRIOLET SPORTLINE - 37k miles - £25k!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
that in Lovely condition, still wouldn't want it in white though (even at half the price).

Someone else on here, can't remember who, highlighted this seller. He seems to have a 40 acre barn full of cars he's collected! I don't know how he does it.
Money:D

The OPs link certainly shows a well specced car; like others I do not like the colour combo though.

Oooooooooo!!

Pity it's white/blue, I think a bigger person has spent a lot of time in it, but apart from that, that really is a nice car!!

Wonder what happened to the Sportline gear lever............?

Also wonder if the head gasket/wiring loom has been done & why did it need an ECU?

Still a nice car, 20,000 I'd say.

Last edited:
Oooooooooo!!

Pity it's white/blue, I think a bigger person has spent a lot of time in it, but apart from that, that really is a nice car!!

Yep front drivers seat cushion has collapsed

Wonder what happened to the Sportline gear lever............?

Also wonder if the head gasket/wiring loom has been done & why did it need an ECU?

Typically a car needs a new ECU is the loom is playing up - so I think we can assume it will need a new loom.

Still a nice car, 20,000 I'd say.

There's also a lot of complete bul?sh?t in the ad wording.

I really dont see what the problem is with white W124's

at the end of the day its a classic car in a classic colour, sure silver, blue and black may look more modern but surly that defeats the object of having or owning a classic car

i have heard this " i dont like the colour" so many times on this forum in regards to W124's, i just dont understand why people want a classic car in a modern "safe" colour i can only assume its for re sale purposes and that they are more concerned with how quickly than can sell it when they have finished it

just off the top of my head i can think of several classics that look great in white, infact not only great but better than any other colour

bmw 3 series convertable 80's model
jaguar e type
tr6
mgb gt
ferrari testarossa
truimph stag
mercedes pogoda
fiat 500

should i go on!!!!!!

at the end of the day its personal, all i know is i would rather have a classic car in a classic colour not something that looks modern but is a actually a classic

personally i think white A124's look great in white with navy blue interior, and i also think in another 10 years when this car is almost 30 years old, white will be one of the best colours to have, again why would you want a 30 year old car to look like a 15 year old car????????????

It is the lower cladding and the blue interior that makes a mess of White in this instance IMHO.

Most of those cars you mention do look good in white, especially the BMW's. I also think the GLK is really only at its best in White. It just needs to be paired carefully.

The latest shape S-Class with Tan interior looks very smart too.

Last edited:
The problem with white is by association it's seen as a bit chavvy/Essex by alot of people. It may have been popular in the 80's and 2/3 years ago but it's already starting to get a 'Barry' reputation again. People like what they like but i personally wouldn't buy a white car.

It is the lower cladding and the blue interior that makes a mess of White in this instance IMHO.

Spot on - the lower cladding completely alters the perspective of the car and makes the proportions look wrong. This effect also happen on some other combinations of the W124 with contrasting cladding. This particular car would look much better if the cladding was resprayed the same as the body but then it would not be original.

I'm not, generally, a fan of white cars either but that one does look nice and, for me, the contrasting coloured cladding enhances the look :cool:

Anybody interested in this car or interested in going to have a look see.......?

Someone else on here, can't remember who, highlighted this seller. He seems to have a 40 acre barn full of cars he's collected! I don't know how he does it.

I wish I could find the post I referred to before, but the seller usually claims to be a collector, and that he's selling off his collection, when it clearly looks like he's a trader, so that would put me off if I was in the market. Whoever originally reported this here also uncovered multiple other sales, with the same wording template.

As I have said before, I bought my S124 from him about a year ago. He is genuine and has owned the cabriolet being discussed over that time. I don't really know anything about the rest of the cars mentioned.

Did you see this car when you were there.......?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom