mercedes w124 m111 engine automatic surge forward on moving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

833steven

Car
mercedes-benz 124 E 220 cabriolet
mercedes w124 m111 engine automatic surge forward on moving
i have a mercedes w124 convertible m111 engine automatic its 1994 with just under 17000 miles in gear ticking over its at approx 600 RPM at tick over IN park its at 1000 at tick over when hot when you pull away you cannot pull away smoothly it will surge forward you can get round it by applying a little pressure on the brake pedal .Its as if its dropped out of gear on tickover and then when you speed up the engine it suddenly gets enough fluid pressure to start driving the car .A ll filters and fluids have been changed the auto gearbox fluid was very clean and so was the filter i cannot believe it was like this from new any ideas thanks steve

Attachments

• 20200528_105206.JPG
    20200528_105206.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Your tick over is much to fast , and the box is holding the car back , this wont do the auto box any good ., , I thinl you problem just might be this.

Attachments

• image035.jpg
    image035.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 5
the throttle body electronic wiring may be faulty- degraded wiring insulation:( - or the throttle plate may simply be sticky and need a clean with solvent.:)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another vote for the throttle body, I had a 220 estate come in with the same symptoms earlier this year. Replaced the wiring and normal service was resumed.

thanks for the impute cleaned the air flow sensor and the throttle body new fine and smooooooth at pull away BUT i can see the wiring loom is starting to break up any info on fitting or which replacment would be great thanks steve

HOME | Mysite AND ASK FOR A QUOTE?--you may have to send them the old loom for exact configuration and connectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom