Mercedes W124 pierberg 175 cd carb repair kit anyone know where you can get one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you are desperate there always the single point fuel injection conversion kits- they appear to employ the original carburettor THROTTLE linkage butterfly and manifold with the addition of a single-point injector----not cheap but possibly quite effective
Classic Fuel Injection Universal 1 Injector Kit

injector-adaptor-a.jpg

Appreciate this . I have a chap who is looking at my spare carb , hopefully he can rebuild that , fit it to the car then rebuild the original . It’s the little springs in the auto choke chamber that’s confusing as it all flew apart when I looked at it ! Chers will keep you informed . The car is mint apart from this issue

Still no further forward on this . My guy who was going to fix it can’t . I have a spare carb I have taken apart but the springs in the cold start unit came undone and I can’t seem to reassemble them corect. Anyone know how to disconnect the cold start bit ? I think this is the issue but the revs go up and down since the main dealer looked at it . I am loosing that loving feeling as I can’t use it and it’s frustrating. I can’t see how you get the carb off the manifold as all the bolts seem hidden .I am now waiting to hear if a classic guy can look at it but everyone has a long waiting list . There seems a brain drain on these old cars and I include mine in that !! Cheers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you Grober . I have seen this and its really good, but the assembly of the cold start / auto choke is not in it . Thank you

So I got rid of the car . Sold on Ebay to a young lad from Durham . Lost my Mojo with it . Moved on thanks for your help . I was surprised no workshop would take it on . That's me with W124's .Will be getting a W212 next

You are not alone with your carb problems-the W124 KE jetronic injected cars were much better-pity no-one offered an aftermarket carb upgrade kit-- size of market probably didn't justify it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom