MERCEDES W124 POWER WINDOW problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rushikesh

Car
e220 w124
Having an issue with all four power windows on my MERCEDES E220 PETROL W124 CHASIS. The power window main unit works just for few seconds went we crank the car up ! but eventually it gets cut off and windows stop working !
Everytime I crank up my car the windows work for like few seconds and then dont! What could be the possible issue ? I have checked all fuses. If there is a relay then where is it located ?
Thank you in advance :)

P5275597x.jpgr3xqP.jpg .You will see 2 fuse boxes that look the same one at the front holds the bullet fuses one at the rear hold relays . Now the picture is for location only the parts in there may or may not be the right ones for your car but the location is .And after all they might be the same you will need ti inspect them first .

Dont have a comfort relay under my back seat that i know of ,but rest assured i will look the nnext time i am out . But looking at the old trusty manual thats where it is . The one i posted was for the 300E W124 .

Last edited:
Check these fuses (not blown and contacts clean and tight): Fuse 2 and 3, these power the Convenience relay which is furthest back on the left of the relay box. If they are OK and you can hear a click when the ignition is turned on then move on and check fuses: G and H. These get power via the Convenience relay contact with ignition on or drivers door open. If they are good then check Convenience module for ground at Plug A pin 2, ground at Plug B pin 7 and power at Plug E Pins 2 and 3 which are the feeds from fuses G and H. After that, if all is OK then it is likely a module fault.

Also some windows are incorporated in the aftermarket alarm systems . Like fully closure .Only an idea .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom