Mercedes w140 wiper blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D4NYAL

Car
Mercedes Benz S Class S280 W140
(BASED ON UK)
Hello I have a 1998 w140 Mercedes benz s280 and I need some new wiper blades.
I’ve went to many stores like Halfords and bought wiper blades which say they will fit on the car, but don’t.
Please could someone leave a link or let me know where I can buy wiper blades for these cars (except MB main dealers) would really appreciate it

Last edited:
Mercedes dealer? They would seem to be the logical outlet under the circumstances.

Mercedes dealer? They would seem to be the logical outlet under the circumstances.
Oh I forgot to mention except the MB main dealers.But yeah that would be available but is very expensive so..

Reactions: 219
(BASED ON UK)
I’ve went to many stores like Halfords and bought wiper blades which say they will fit on the car, but don’t.
Please could someone leave a link or let me know where I can buy wiper blades for these cars (except MB main dealers) would really appreciate it
Find the part number and search for it here:

Then buy several to justify the shipping cost.

I get all my genuine MB parts there.

Good hunting.

RayH

Call a MB dealer and ask for the price and part number.

How would I find the parts number for wiper blades?

You go to this site and enter your VIN. Most part numbers will then be available to you.

RayH

You go to this site and enter your VIN. Most part numbers will then be available to you.

RayH
I entered the VIN number of my car, and I’ve been searching for a while, but I can’t seem to find the wiper blades part number.

I entered the VIN number of my car, and I’ve been searching for a while, but I can’t seem to find the wiper blades part number.

Post our VIN and I'll look. I recall it wasn't easy on my W124.

R

I have just bought a OEM pair from Newcastle Mercedes ebay shop, about same price as Halfords own with free postage, ordered monday, delivered thursday

I have just bought a OEM pair from Newcastle Mercedes ebay shop, about same price as Halfords own with free postage, ordered monday, delivered thursday
Please could you provide a link from where you bought it would really appreciate it
Also are you 100% sure these will fit on the w140 model?

Blade set: A1408201645. Item 104:
1596514914250.png

A mite costly at 182.50 € from tiele-profis!!!

RayH

A

Apparently so!

I'm happy with my single W124 blade for about 25 €!!

R
That’s unfortunate
I guess il have to just keep looking around for them
Anyways thanks for all the help you provided me with , appreciate it

If you don't want to pay £120 for a genuine wiper blade set your only other option would be to replace just rubbers. Genuine ones are no longer available but you can still find aftermarket alternatives.

I'm not sure if it's allowed to post ebay links here, so I'm not going to do that but just search for the below 2 part numbers and you'll find them. They are currently on sale and a set would work out to be about £21. I'm not sure if they are any good quality though...

A1408240127
A1408240327

Please could you provide a link from where you bought it would really appreciate it
Also are you 100% sure these will fit on the w140 model?
Just search on ebay for Newcastle MercedesBenz shop, mine weren't for your model but most things from main dealers are available on the site.

(BASED ON UK)

I’ve had this issue with Halfords too - their guides are wrong - this happened with my R129 - the blade I bought was an inch too long .

I took my old blade into the shop and compared until I found the right one .

The Bosch blades sold by Halfords are fine , but when I need blades for my W140 I will do the same again - size the new blades against your old ones before buying .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom