Mercedes W201 coil springs. What do the coloured dots signify?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
Does anyone have any notion what the coloured dots on original Mercedes w201 front springs indicate?

Just picked up a pair of advertised as 190e 2.5-16 springs, 375mm length and wondering what markings should be on there?

Many thanks in advance.
190springsxx.jpg

The markings denote spring rate (via a points system) in relation to the options fitted to the car from new , if the vehicle had every option fitted then it would sit / handle different from a poverty spec car. The coding may also indicate sports suspension.

There is a chart somewhere on the "net" that shows this , i used it when getting springs for my previous CLS.

Post eleven here , give you an idea of how the points system works regarding options , Can any1 check the color code on springs for ... - MBWorld.org Forums

K

The markings denote spring rate (via a points system) in relation to the options fitted to the car from new , if the vehicle had every option fitted then it would sit / handle different from a poverty spec car. The coding may also indicate sports suspension.

There is a chart somewhere on the "net" that shows this , i used it when getting springs for my previous CLS.

Post eleven here , give you an idea of how the points system works regarding options , Can any1 check the color code on springs for ... - MBWorld.org Forums

K
That is brilliant. Thank you very much KennyN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom