Mercedes W201s-Thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree, I always think that they have proportions absolutely spot on, and therefore timeless. A Spanish friend has a 2.5D auto with 300.000kms yes it's a slug but he just wafts it. It is immaculate, with no rust, in graphite grey metallic, 8 hole alloys and so so pretty. I must post some pics of it. I love it.

I've got a 190e 2.0 1989 and i think thats the best engine to have, not fast but not slow, good fuel economy, easy to maintain and purrs like a kitten. 2.6's are good but i think pointless, for the money you spend on fuel, insurance, repair costs you might as well get a 300se W126 similar sized engine and more luxuries. Ive had 2 300se's and they were both superb in everyway. The 190e is widely known as being the best mercedes ever built, massively over engineered and built for quality and not at a price. Back in those days they built a car to the best of the ability and then stuck a price tag on it, then the 90's came and everything was built to a price no thanks to the accountants!!!

But then there are the W123s, W124s, W126s and W140s which are considered to be of a much higher quality than the W201 and with many more features (at least the latter 2)

I love 190's. I have a 1994 2.0LE that i use as a courtesy car. Many turn their nose up when i hand the key over. But they always come back full of praise and smiling!!! Great cars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom