Mercedes W202 C200 surging...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sam-orr

Hi guys, got any ideas on a W202 that surges badly in first and second but stops when its up to temperature? I'm stumped. It's a pain in the rear.

Happend in my car I changed my diff oil, gearbox oil, and cleaned maf sensor. Was fine again

Oil won't make it surge,Maf will,be warned clean at your peril,if you do use IPA aerosol(Maplins sell it) about £9.you may get a result,or you may not,possibly worse.
If you decide to replace,only fit Bosch,there is no cheap alternative that works.

martyz said:
Oil won't make it surge,Maf will,be warned clean at your peril,if you do use IPA aerosol(Maplins sell it) about £9.you may get a result,or you may not,possibly worse.
If you decide to replace,only fit Bosch,there is no cheap alternative that works.

I cleaned maf with using eBay maf cleaner and worked for me

I cleaned maf with using eBay maf cleaner and worked for me

Was it causing a problem before you cleaned it? if it was,you got lucky.

martyz said:
Was it causing a problem before you cleaned it? if it was,you got lucky.

Yea it was giving problems soon as I cleaned it the problem went away and now it's been 4 months never failed a beat

I see you drive a diesel with the pierborg maf,OP has a 2.0 petrol which use a Bosch and are ultra sensitive.

martyz said:
I see you drive a diesel with the pierborg maf,OP has a 2.0 petrol which use a Bosch and are ultra sensitive.

yes so is there a different on cleaning and maf ?

As previously stated Bosch mafs generally don't always respond well to being cleaned.

martyz said:
As previously stated Bosch mafs generally don't always respond well to being cleaned.

I don't no if my water temp is high or low ? This is after driving 1 hour and stays same

Attachments

• image-607677375.jpg
    image-607677375.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
I have recently changed the MAF for a brand new Bosch one, cost £138 or something. The surging is a real ****ter.

Did the fault occur before or after the new maf was fitted? I have seen new MAF sensors causing endless issues on the 111 engine, even if they come from Bosch. I will probably start an argument here but the only sure fire way of getting the correct MAF is having an original MB one (expensive). Have you had the car on a diagnostic machine at all?

Hi mate, it was surging a little before the whole MAF saga and continued after I fitted a Bosch one. I'm going to get it checked over in the next week as its running rich also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom